Padshop 2 and Retrologue presets all missing

I upgraded to Cubase 12 on 28th March, but since then Padshop 2 and Retrologue haven’t worked at all - presets all missing.
Raised a ticket with Steinberg, which they seem to be just ignoring.
Can’t get a response from Steinberg on Twitter or Facebook.
Can’t afford to call Germany from the UK, too expensive.
Really p*ssed off with Steinberg now. Posting here in the hope that someone actually responds. Steinberg like to take peoples’ money, but as soon as there is a problem, they’re not interested.

Hello Minke,
This is a user forum that is only occasionally read by Steinberg people. So not sure this will get you in touch with a Steinberg paid helpdesk person.
Anyhow, if you could explain what exactly is the problem, you might get some useful help from forum readers/posters.
Please specify OS version and all info relevant to the issue(s).

Well it’s interesting that Steinberg staff “corrected” my forum thread title.

But here is the support ticket I raised :

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Cubase Pro 12. I still have version 9.5 installed on my PC, and the eLicenser dongle. I am on Windows 10.

In Pro 12, when I launch both Padshop 2 and Retrologue, both synths load without a problem, but the preset sounds are missing. I have tried deleting both synths from download manager and reinstalling them, but that did not fix the error.

Please help.

thanks

PS attached a screenshots showing the locations of the content.

Hi,

I have fully activated my copy of Cubase and re-downloaded Padshop and the problem still remains.

Please advise of the fix asap.

thanks

Dear xxxx

Sorry for the late response! Unfortunately, due to a very high amount of support requests, the processing of incoming e-mails has been delayed.

Please initialise the program preferences by performing these steps:

• Close all programs.
  • Open the ‘Run’ command prompt by pressing the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
  • In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example 'Cubase 12_64’.
  • Rename it (for example to "x_Cubase 12_64”) in order to hide it.
  • Important: If you find folders of previous program versions, make sure to hide or remove them too.

Next time you start the program, a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings will be created - which hopefully fixes the problem you’ve experienced.

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands (Key Commands.xml) for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

More details on the preferences can be found here:

Kind regards,

Steinberg Technical Support

Hi,

The renaming of the folders did not work. Even after re-downloading Padshop / Retrologue and presets again. The preset list in each synth is still empty.

Is the problem because I still have Cubase Pro 9.5 and Studio 5 installed on my PC via an ELicenser USB ? Or is the problem caused by something else ?

Please advise next steps asap

thanks

I have uninstalled all previous versions of Cubase, but the problem still remains.

Please advise urgently.

It should not take one month to resolve a software error.

Hello,

We would need to know where you are looking for the presets, whether in the plugin itself or in MediaBay. Let me know if they show up in the MediaBay. Then I will discuss it with my colleagues.

Furthermore please also have a look at the video/GIF which I have attached to this e-mail. It may help you to solve the problem. Unfortunately, it is in German, but should perhaps still be helpful.

Kind regards,

Hi,

The presets in Retrologue are listed in MediaBay, but if I try to load them, there is no sound.

I was unable to follow the German film which you sent me. Please could you send me a set of written step-by-step instructions in English ?

thanks

It is now 5 weeks since this ticket was raised, and still no resolution. I am getting quite angry now.

So that is the complete ticket history above. I will be very grateful if any users here can troubleshoot this for me, as Steinberg have shown no interest in helping me at all.

Seems you got a reply (so you weren’t ignored)

Anyhow.
If you want to get your preferences back, the idea is to find them in the Cubase 9.5 folder and copy them to the Cubase 12 folder.
The place where this is stored can be found with some help from

I regard a ticket that has been opened for 5 weeks with no resolution, and no replies to my latest messages, as being ignored.

I have already removed Cubase 9.5 completely.

If Steinberg want to take my money for a software upgrade, they are accountable for providing me with support, in the event of there being a problem,. As a customer, I make no apology for that belief.

Good luck!

Try uninstalling the Retrologue and Padshop content from the Steinberg Library Manager, as well as anything related to Retrologue and Padshop listed by Windows’ “Add or remove programs” menu.

Make sure that these folders don’t contain any Retrologue or Padshop presets:

C:\Users\All Users\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies

Now, download and reinstall Retrologue 2 and Padshop 2 from the Steinberg Download Assistant again. Run the Steinberg Library Manager to check if the Factory Content has been installed correctly.

If the presets are still not working, try forcing a full MediaBay rescan:
Cubase loops and samples missing - #6 by Romantique_Tp

I wonder if that very high amount of support requests is an acute/ unusual situation, or business as usual.

PS: Thank goodness for mods like Romantique_Tp

@Minke , while we still have an issue with a support backlog which we still have to work on, the support team is in contact with you since mid of April and sent two replies on last Thursday alone.
We had a long weekend here in Germany so further replies might be a late unfortunately.
Following Romantique_Tp 's suggestions is recommended though.

1 Like

@Minke, I recently had a problem with Groove Agent 5 and Cubase. I submitted a ticket (https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206530864) and got a response within a day and a remote screen-session the next day. The service was impeccable and courteous.

It’s odd that you haven’t even received an email telling you that your request will be processed shortly.

There must have been a problem, asked again.

I’m afraid the fixes didn’t work. I have spent hours of my time getting very frustrated at the lack of progress.

Steinberg now have three options :

1. Call me on Monday to remote to my PC and fix the problem yourselves

or

1. Give me a refund for my upgrade (but I still get to keep the product)

or :

1. If you are unable to agree to 1 or 2, please email me the email address of your CEO, so that I can discuss it directly with them.

Thanks

Same problem here. I uninstall and install Retrologue again, but no result. It appear in cubase but with an empty preset list.

It also doesn’t appear in te Steinberg Library Manager