Why do these rests appear with slash voice?

I’m curious why, when I paste something onto a staff after a slash voice passage, the whole rests suddenly appear over the slash voice. I know I can “remove rests”, but it’s pretty tedious. Am I missing something?
Rests-2

See Unasked for flipping of notes - #23 by pianoleo for instance.

Specifically this bit:

Thank you pianoleo. So I guess this is really just . . . a bug? Can we classify it as that? Or perhaps it’s just a consequence of not separating out the difference between how slash/rhythm voices tend to behave in real musical situations. I can see the reasons why the rests should appear if I were dealing with two different musical voices. But in this case, Dorico forces me to use a new “voice” to create the slashes, which are really not a separate musical voice, but rather a change in what the primary voice is doing.

1 Like

If you want to keep those notes in the same voice as the surrounding pitched notes, you could instead just change the notehead set used for those notes.

A slash voice is another voice and Dorico treats it as such.

That’s a good suggestion, thanks . . . except that I would also have to change the pitches of the notes to whatever will make the slashes appear on the center of the staff, right? In this type of case—and I suspect I’m not alone in this process—I often copy figures from other staves into a drum part, and then change to a slash voice as a way to give the drummer basic rhythm information. If I change the note set, I would also have to adjust the pitches, which would probably be more involved than having to remove the rests. But I appreciate the suggestion, since I had forgotten that notehead sets were an option at all.