Why do we need Nuendo if Cubase can sync audio and video?

If Cubase 5.5 has a video track facility and the ability to sync audio to video why do we need Nuendo? :confused:

I donā€™t think you can make this statement on behalf of everyone, 'cause Itā€™s different for everyone.

We -for example- canā€™t live without the advanced Crossfade editor, cycle marker batch export, 9-pin support, .csv import/export, ADR taker and count-in, Edit mode, Pitch Driver, advanced Automation, etc, etc ā€¦

Fredo

So, how did you live until June of last year? :wink:

But of course youĀ“re right! And let me add the AAF!

Oh ā€¦ with tons of workarounds, use of (expensive) third pary software, some neat tricks and specific -complicated- studio setups. So we could all do this before, but at a much bigger expense. (In terms of money and labor)

I am running my business for nearly 25 years, and if I would have to make a list of gear/applications which has helped me most in ā€œoptimizingā€ my business, then Nuendo 5 will most certainly appear in the Top 5. And in terms of value for money, Nuendo 5 is lightyears ahead of anything I have ever bought.

Fredo

in terms of value for money, Nuendo 5 is lightyears ahead of > anything > I have ever bought.

Fredo

Except for perhaps the ear reflectors you are wearing in your picture. :slight_smile:

Nah ā€¦ itā€™s full of bugs.
Especially in summertime.

And itā€™s very uncomfortable when I go biking. With the wind in the back, it sometimes is beneficial, but with the wind in front ā€¦

Fredo