Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

I am wondering whether J.S. Bach made comparable complaints about the terrible Quality of Keyboards at his times.

Cheers, Ernst

1 Like

And… what we should never Forget: Many of us (me included) would not record at all at this Level without DAWs. It would be inaffordable, impossible, non existent.

Let us stay humble :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it was the damn pencil leads kept breaking . . .

Several hundred years and they STILL haven’t fixed this bug!

Hugh

1 Like

i am sure he would get not that happy if the new piano was working worst then his last one :wink:

1 Like

Yes YES! God bless Steinberg

1 Like

Yes, and God bless the poor souls whose creativity is ruined by cubase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, and God bless the poor souls whose creativity is ruined by cubase :slight_smile:

1 Like

hehe ye! someone is missing! we must be fare! all should be blessed! God bless also all souls which updated to cubase 7.5, spent money, and not have the application working has it is sold! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I remember following a thread way back in 1738, on a forum moderated by Charles I, the Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, later the Prince of Wolfenbüttel. (Only Dukes or higher could moderate forums in those times, and replies were slow- the tablets were carried by messengers in wagon and on foot, and scrolling to the bottom of a long thread was the work of two men.

At this time Karl “Charlie” Steinberg was just starting out, and history is unclear on whether he had yet thought of using the mod wheel to change vibrato speed in real time, (there’s no mod wheel on the Leipzig organ)

But I digress, already!

The thread was mainly between Johann S., and Anna M. Bach. iirc, Johann repeatedly requested that, when transcribing his improvisations (a job that would eventually be given to the Cubase von Hamburg Scriveners) could Anna please consistently draw the downward stems on the rearward side of the noteheads, and she kept saying that the stems were “by design” like that, but would think about changing the practice.

It did not happen. Almost 400 years later you can still look up Bach manuscripts and find plenty of “backwards” stems.

:neutral_face:

2 Likes

I call it the “I have to be angry to move out” syndrome.

Of all the pieces of software that a consumer can get their hands on, DAWs must be one of the most complex, with one of the longest learning curves. And that is not even considering plugins!

Actually he did. From the Wikipedia article on Piano Piano - Wikipedia

Silbermann showed Johann Sebastian Bach one of his early instruments in the 1730s, but Bach did not like it at that time, claiming that the higher notes were too soft to allow a full dynamic range. Although this earned him some animosity from Silbermann, the criticism was apparently heeded. Bach did approve of a later instrument he saw in 1747, and even served as an agent in selling Silbermann’s pianos.[8]

And of course those early pianos often grey-screened for no apparent reason. :open_mouth:

Clearly not stifling your creativity, Steve!

Nice one!

Hey, just trying to keep the topic on point. But Raino really had it covered!

You, kind sir, have way too much downtime. :slight_smile:

Uh oh. I think your might be right.

People should look at the list of bug fixes in 7.5.20 before they claim Cubase 7.5.10 is stable.

Hmmm… seems to run stable here… :slight_smile: Bug fixes don’t mean everyone has to deal with said bugs. Just depends on what and who they effect. Stability is an absolute term… either it is or it isn’t. A bug doesn’t define instability, nor does a bug fix. Plenty of us are running 7.5 “stable”, and have been for some time.

you seem a fat ass laughing on hungry people!

I see that you’re running 7.5 on 8.1 and everything seems to be in order. So I gotta ask: did you at any point have any visual issues with mixer console?

Once I’ve upgraded to 7.5 from 7, my main “sporadic cpu spikes” issue seems to have been addressed. Well, I wasn’t really able to fully verify that as at this point I chose not to start any new projects due to a newly discovered issue I have with mixer console. Every time I toggle between Project Window and Mixer console, Cubase resets width of individual mixer channels to default size. Might not be a big deal to some, but it is extremely annoying to me. And realizing that I never had any visual glitches in C7 makes it even worse.

I did try all the suggested fixes that I could find on this forum and few others, but without any luck so far. I’m looking forward to 7.5.20. Hopefully update will fix it. However I won’t hold my breath as I didn’t see anything specific in the list of fixes of the upcoming update.