Why doesn't this PLE preset work consistently?

My rig

Ryzen 9 3950X (perf. mode), ASRock X570 Ext4, Corsair 32Gb DDR4 1333, GTX 950 (527.37 driver), OS drive Sabrent NVMe 2Tb

1 Like

Why is your color appearance like bleach on black clothes :rofl:

Did you tried to further separate process with AHK? So for example:
0. AHK ::

1. send t ;PLE preset 1 (assign t keycommand for that preset in Cubase)
  2. Sleep 500
  3. Send y ;PLE preset 1 (…)
  4. Sleep 500
    5.6.7…
    P.S your PLE presets to be further separated so you have control what and when is being executed. Look at it as you would do your PLE in slow motion.

That way you can troubleshoot easier where it get stuck with big sleep timings.

I have one macro that I had to separate into 2 macros just because we don’t have command bring mixer to front. So the logic is:
AHK
t::
Send i ;triggers macro pt1
Sleep: 50
Window activate Cubase mixer
Send y ;triggers macro pt1

So maybe that can help you to further investigate your command.

Apologize for goofy AHK writing above since I am away from studio for some time :grin:

1 Like

Because I am stuck in the past, this color scheme I consider 101% cutting edge! :rofl:

I know I can break things down with AHK. I do it already with Touch Portal and other stuff. But you see, now in 12 we got this pre-process / post process feature, which could potentially simplify my setup, and allow me to “gather” more complicated PLE and macros back to Cubase. But then I try this (experiment) and see that it’s not reliable even for relatively simple actions. Not reliable because I’m feeding the commands too fast? Probably. It’s a pity.

AHK = AutoHotKey?

2 Likes

True, unfortunately you have to improvise a bit than. Did you tried to revert to default color and check if it works :grin:

1 Like

NoOOOo!! :rofl:

Most of stuff like these I solve using AHK if possible, just because its way more flexible. There the only thing, which can screw up, is my ability to code and not a stupid inconsistency/bug I have no control of, which probably will be fixed in 2 years, if at all :thinking:

1 Like

Yes indeed, if something is not consistent and till waiting for some toggle options windows focusing etc AHK saves the thing. 3 years since AHK integrated into my workflow and without it like without arm literally…