Why Dorico treats tied notes as an single note?

Can anyone tell me what are benefits of the fact, that Dorico treats tied notes as an single note?
I have a couple of problem because of it:

1. When I have many tied notes and i want to untie specific notes, I have to untie all and again tie the particular ones. It is time-taking especially, when I want to untie the notest that are not next to each other.
  2. If I want to delete last tied note, I have to untie all, delete and then tie again.
  3. The same problem is, when I want to change duration of particular tied note.
  4. Sometimes it’s good to write a couple of tied notes instead of one long just to specify more details, like precise time of dynamic/playing technique change or jut shift-X text above the proper notehead. Dorico always placing this informations near the first notehead and I have to move it manualy.
  5. I have also problem with glissando. See this example:
    Glissando.png
    If I want to have glissando from “f” to “e”, I receive such a result:
    Glissando_error.png
  6. Second glissando issue: I have two same pitched notes and from second to third note I have glissando. When I would like to tie this first two notes, glissando disappears.

Placing the caret at a position that intersects a note duration and invoking the Scissors via the shortcut U will divide the note at that position, which solves nearly every problem you described. You can also do everything in points 4 and 5 by using Force Duration.

Here is a useful thread on how to write glissando with tied notes:

1. You can also change duration with Shift-Alt-arrow (on Mac).

One big benefit is that you can enter tied notes as one value. Say in 2/4, the last quaver of a bar tied to the next bar tied to the first quaver of the next bar can be entered all in on go as a dotted minim. The is a genuine time saver once you get used to it, especially with multiple bars of syncopation.

I will admit that this - Ties - drove me a little crazy at first. I was expecting to designate what was tied, versus what was not. Now, I rarely invoke the T for tie, as I expand/contract the note value with the shift-alt-arrow keys. There are times, where later I decide that I would rather have notes tied, as opposed to re-articulated, to T it is. Took some getting used to, but now it seems quite natural.

Try to look at it this way:
Dorico is less about what a player sees, but what a player does.
The player sees lots of tied notes, but he does only tongue one note / press one key / strike one drum - and then keep doing so for the needed duration.

Dorico stores the played duration of the note and then the ties are worked out dynamically. This means that you have the flexibility of changing time signatures to re-bar the music, and Dorico will be able to work out the correct tie structure.