Can anyone tell me what are benefits of the fact, that Dorico treats tied notes as an single note?
I have a couple of problem because of it:
- When I have many tied notes and i want to untie specific notes, I have to untie all and again tie the particular ones. It is time-taking especially, when I want to untie the notest that are not next to each other.
- If I want to delete last tied note, I have to untie all, delete and then tie again.
- The same problem is, when I want to change duration of particular tied note.
- Sometimes it’s good to write a couple of tied notes instead of one long just to specify more details, like precise time of dynamic/playing technique change or jut shift-X text above the proper notehead. Dorico always placing this informations near the first notehead and I have to move it manualy.
- I have also problem with glissando. See this example:
If I want to have glissando from “f” to “e”, I receive such a result:
- Second glissando issue: I have two same pitched notes and from second to third note I have glissando. When I would like to tie this first two notes, glissando disappears.