Why I just bought a update to Cubase 12 pro, but I got a Cubase 11 pro licenser?

I just bought a update for my Cubase 10 to Cubase 12 pro, but why I got a Cubase 11 pro licensser? And it’s a not upgrateable one. I haven’t upgrade my cubase before.

Cubase 11 is the last version that runs with the eLicenser. It is not upgradable because you already upgraded to C12. You can run any Cubase version up to 11 with the eLicenser license.
It’s not really a problem, isn’t it?

1 Like

Yes, I just opened C12. It‘s great!!! Thanks a lots!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Steinberg is now in the process of transitioning away from eLicenser to their new Steinberg Licensing setup, as @fese has explained.

When you update to a Steinberg Licensing version, you get an eLicenser licence for the last eLicenser version of the product marked “(not upgradeable)”. This marks your eLicenser licence as upgraded to Steinberg Licensing. Those upgrading from Cubase 11 have to ‘upgrade’ their Cubase 11 licence to Cubase 11 (not upgradeable).

The licence for your new product is in Steinberg Licensing and can be viewed in the Steinberg Activation Manager application.

Enjoy Cubase 12!