Why is "(B Flat)" etc. the default for transposing part layout names?

Is there a setting I’m missing that would alleviate not having “(B Flat)” whenever I create a new player such as a tenor sax, alto sax, trumpets, clarinet etc?

This seems like an odd thing. I’ve never in 30 years seen a part labeled "Trumpet 1 (B Flat).

I know I can change it with a token, but it would be fantastic to have an actual flat symbol as a layout option.
Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 11.26.13 AM

I think it has to do with the QT frameworks used in the interface don’t support those characters. This has annoyed me as well but I deal with it. You can also use the {@flat@} token in the Layout Name.

Yep, that’s what I always do. Thanks, Craig!

I believe this is some relic from Dorico 1 - it wasn’t possible at the time for music symbols to be interspersed with regular text characters (or at least it wasn’t possible for music glyphs to be substituted in from a special music font).

You can swap in the stafflabelsfull token, as you know, but if you’ve only got one or two of these then it may be quicker to just re type the Layout Name in the right panel of Setup mode, e.g. Clarinet (B{@flat@}) 1.

Thanks, Leo!