Why is Cubase 10 Pro's pitch-bend drawing so terrible?

Why can’t the key-editor’s pitch bend drawing act like say, volume automation editing?

Why can’t I just click one spot and click the next spot and drag it down so it crates a slope?

Why?

Also, why in the world doesn’t it snap to 0 value? What is the reason? It is 2019. The 21st century.

Why add a shitty sampler trying to emulate Ableton, and don’t even implement the critical functions that make Ableton so great? Like… I dunno,

SNAPPING TO ZERO WHEN YOU DRAG THE VALUE TO ZERO?

+100000000000

1. Try switching your tool to the LINE tool to see if that gives you what you want as far as the straight line

2. Agreed, it should snap to ZERO when going across ZERO

3. If you are talking about the SAMPLER track, I dont use it here nor Ableton Live

+1

This has annoyed me for a long time. It’s like trying to sign your name with a mouse. Bézier curves in the midi pitch lane would make it actually usable.

it is possible - you can use Midi CC in Arrange Automation Track !

Please see Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxnDIuQiWzc

:bulb:

it is possible > - you can use Midi CC in Arrange Automation Track !

Please see Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxnDIuQiWzc >

no, you can not.

there’s no CC for pitch bend with the synthesizer that I’m using.

you can’t have Native Instruments Massive’s pitch-bend values on the automation lane.

also, having to go through that many clicks just to have pitch bend on the automation lane is in itself insane

The line tool creates million little dots inbetween and makes it incredibly annoying to shape the slope.
I mean, it’s Cubase 10 PRO. It should already have easy methods to draw lines just like you can on the automation lane.

The video suggested shows how to get the bezel curves as your midi automation but it is as stated, to begin with, it is not possible to do with pitch bend. Pitch bend must be edited in the midi section. I hope that will change too :sunglasses: It pretty hard to edit the midi automation the way it is now IMO. I somewhat got used to it after many many years, but there sure are better ways to automate other parameters in Cubase.

+1

+100000000000

+1

This needs to be in the Feature Request section. Every MIDI parameter like Pitch Bend, Expression, etc., should be able to be drawn as smooth Bezier curves, directly in the MIDI edit windows.