Why Is History Window Greyed out in Audio Montage

Hi everyone,

Having upgraded from WL 9, I am glad that the Audio Editor has a History Window now. But when I have done an edit in an Audio file, I try to open the History window in Tool Windows, but it is greyed out.

What am I missing here?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stewart Peters

Using WaveLab 10.0.40?
An audio file must be opened to access the history window.

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the audio file is open. The Audio Editor is open. I have edited the audio and there is a small ‘backwards arrow’ so I could redo the last action across the top of the audio editor window. But I want to view the edit History and all the options in the Tool Windows (Effects, CD, Clips, Files, History, Navigator etc) are greyed out?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks
Stewart

I want to view the edit History and all the options in the Tool Windows (Effects, CD, Clips, Files, History, Navigator etc) are greyed out?

Not sure what you mean now. Because there is no CD and Clips for the audio file editor. Hence these options are disabled.
Maybe add screenshots to your message.

Hi,

Thanks. Ahhh, I’m sorry, I said '… in Audio Montage". No, it’s in the Audio Editor that I can’t find the History Window.

Sorry about the confusing title to my topic.

I’ll send a screenshot later today.

Thanks again
Stewart

Hi again,

Ahhh!, I’m so sorry. I had accidentally opened my old WL 9! That’s I couldn’t find the History window in Audio Editor.

So sorry to waste your time.

Thanks
Stewart Peters