Why is "Reduce Automation Events" not part of Cubase?

Following on from the thread at Cubase 8.5: Missing Automation functions (!?) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums, this mistake still exists in the manual. This function is referenced at Automation Settings

What I don’t understand is why this is a Nuendo specific piece of functionality. AS a music producer, this is something that is often necessary, particularly when importing MIDI with automation or wanting to further simplify drawn automation in the project.

Am I the only one that really needs this functionality in Cubase Pro?

In Cubase it’s always “on”, so what’s missing is a discreet command to invoke it, not the reduction feature itself.

The manual error is fixed for Cubase 10. Automation Settings

Thanks for the reply. The issue I faced yesterday was when importing some automation from a project in Logic Pro X. I had no way to take the existing automation and reduce the automation points there. It’s a bummer that we don’t have this function in Cubase really.

By what means did you import automation from Logic?

I am converting a project from Logic Pro to Cubase, and I converted plugin automation to CC automation, exported a MIDI file in Logic, imported the MIDI in Cubase and then converted the CC back to plugin automation. However, I have no way o reduce its complexity. With hosts like Logic, the pen tool can create a huge number of points.

This can also happen with regular MIDI CC movements imported from a MIDI file, there’s no way to easily reduce all the points in such a case in Cubase.

It’s obviously not a deal breaker or the biggest issue, but I just think it’s a shame to make it a Nuendo specific feature when it is very helpful for music production in Cubase too.

MIDI>Functions>Thin Out Data

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot.

Sorry Steve, but this only works for Midi CC data recorded in the events, not for the automation points that you have on automation subtracks (that you record with the red Write button). Or am I overseeing something?

I was answering a question @fgimian asked. Of course a MIDI function will not address track automation.