Why must i buy the box?

At one point the composer I was working with had an ad-exec tell him that it’s not a big deal to do project-X a certain way, because he had already done some in Garage band. My boss tried to tell him exactly what the problems were and why it was necessary to use a studio with professional equipment and professionals operating it… Wouldn’t listen…

Needless to say when done his way things turned to crap…

Can’t wait until more people have simplified apps… Final Cut X seems to fit the bill nicely…

Hello,

independently from the discussion whether Nuendo 6 will have a printed manual or not, it will be available as boxed product and also as download version, like we did with Nuendo 5.5. Many people nowadays tend to not place boxes in bookshelves anymore and like the option to get things immediately. Program installers are becoming bigger and bigger (content, new functions etc.) these days, but the downside is that internet connection speed is not yet superb everywhere. Also Steinberg invests in better and faster IT structure to make downloads more convenient for upcoming releases.

Thanks,
Timo

regarding pdf manual … I have no problem with a pdf manual for Nuendo, but the existing manual is a “old copy” from the printed manual I tink and have a big disadvantage IMHO. The pages a divided in two halves. First you scroll down to read the left side, then scroll up again to read the right side … to much scrolling.

As far as manuals go here,

I have always thought the manual should be in a steinberg binder and the revisions and chapter additions should be issued for page replacement/chapter add-ins so you can update your manual.

So, you have a full manual.
Update comes out and you have the new features and document revisions printed
Then you replace the affected pages and add in the new sections and replace the chapter list and index. yadda yadda yadda…

The manual is now up to date.

Bound books for software are a waste of money since the software changes so much. How else are we supposed to update the printed manual?

This idea I like a lot.
Makes sense to me…but I am the kind of person who often prints off a PDF file for study later anyway.

you’ve always lived on the edge, haven’t you neil.