Why plugin opens faster if you press CTRL?

Thanks a lot guys.

Now I am lost in time. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Now where did I put that…???
{‘-’}{‘-’}{‘-’}

Be glad you’re not lost in space… :wink: !

Mauri.

I’m sensing a placebo/snake oil situation brewing. But I will have to test this out tomorrow.

It’s about time…

Ha! Awesome find.

They got it wrong though. A spaceship accelerating in the way that was depicted would travel faster into the future, relative to earth’s time, not the past. The astronauts would age more slowly and arrive on a much aged earth.

:arrow_right:

Great tipp !!

Should be a sticky :bulb:

WTF. :laughing:

One question to Steinberg: why?

+1… Imo, seems like they would want to figure this one out pretty fast.

Great discovery!

Same here on win7 64bit cubase 7.5.10 (Intel 3570k, Intel z77 chipset, 16gb ram, Ati 7770, RME UFX)

… is this something for the issues section or expected behavior?

So, if you change the double click speed setting in your system’s control panel to the fastest setting available you can lessen the delay. At least on Mac. I imagine the setting is identical on Windows.

Is it?

So, if you change the double click speed setting in your system’s control panel to the fastest setting available you can lessen the delay. At least on Mac. I imagine the setting is identical on Windows.

Yes windows is the same. At fastest mouse double click speed there is very little (though still a slight) difference between single click and ctrl click…at slowest setting there is a very obvious delay using the single click.

So it would appear they tagged on an extra behaviour to read a single click on inserts as a double click rather than actually code them to open with single click…Heath Robinson programming at it’s finest :smiley:

Yep.
Setting the doubleClick Speed to fastest, is also a very neat workaround !
NOT.

There are still situations, where You actually need to double click.
Now try that with fastest setting …

Obviously they ( again ) need to rewrite the whole app,
to open a plugin with a single click …

Maybe if we wait two years … and pay another 300 Euronen …

Jan

My plugins aren’t opening that slowly! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good for You !
:sunglasses:

:laughing:

Hi guys,

just to chime in: Cubase expects a double click to open the plugin GUI, because Cubase is designed to open windows with double click, e.g. Sample Editor (otherwise multiple selections wouldn’t be possible). Pressing a modifier key bypasses this “waiting for a double click”. In other words, this works as designed!

Regards

well < C6.5 / N5 the ‘e’ button displayed the gui following a single click (faster!)…

same here. Ctrl=faster

Is there a way to invert that inside the mixer GUI ?
I would prefer it the other way round!

This is definitely occurring.
Ctrl-clicking (also shift-clicking) is immediate.
Just clicking has a delay of like a second.

Weird issue!