Why s Cubase losing these WAV fies?

Got a project…saved it with a new name to the same folder as a precaution against a cpr file being corrupted…as you do :slight_smile:
did this 3 times, went back to one of them and all WAV’s have gone…yeah, I know where they are and can retrieve them but why the heck have they disappeared?
everything is in the same folder…nothings been moved… :confused: :confused:

any explanation?
cheers, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sometimes in mixprogress I rename files via the info line. Older .cprs refer to audio files with different names of course and won’t find them. Sometimes I just think I had imported stuff into the project folder (my default setting) while I just did reference it. Files not found when content from other folders is moved/renamed/deleted.

Otherwise I have no idea as I never experienced this behaviour.

interesting point regarding re naming, hadn’t thought of that but I havent re named anything…would bouncing the audio make it unfindable for an old cpr I wonder?

cheers mate… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

No, bouncing creates a new file with a new name but leaves the original intact. Even if you choose to ‘replace’ the bounced events what happens is that they get replaced in the project window while the original file is still the original file.

Oh…can’t figure out whats happening …thanks for your help mate… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: