Why Steinberg don't made a PERFECT PC for Cubase?

Exactly. And thats why DAW builds are an evolving story of current needs, software, past experiences and another reason why I can’t believe these guys are making $100 an hour. If I walked into their studios I would kwow they were hollowmen in about 2 minutes. After all if you love music how can you put a price on your time. Jeeeeeeeeze talk about one dimensionable.

No I don’t. I earn nothing. But before selling my business I charged €150…200/h from my clients. And that was a price tag for my time, not the money I earned. So if I needed a new desktop PC, a server or a numerical computing cluster, I had to do the math: is it cheaper to build your own or let HP/Dell/IBM to build one when “charging” myself for my time? Obviously my computer room was packed with both self-made and commercial systems.

Thats impressive. And very well spent time.

You should never judge a man’s worth based on the size of his, er, studio. :open_mouth:

DG

And yet you judge the worth of my time.

No I didn’t. You did. :laughing:

DG

Your exact words - " Your time might not be so valuable to you. Your choice. "

Yes. I said your choice. Not mine. Yours.

I still don’t understand why you’re getting your knickers in a twist. There is nothing wrong with spending the time and energy sorting out your own computer build, and if that’s what you want to do, then fine. I have nothing against that. I just don’t think that there is anything wrong with not wanting to do it, and I don’t, because I have other things to do that are more important to me, and one of them is writing music.

DG

Building yourself is not for everyone, you need to know about the components and know how to assembly them.
When you do own that knowledge it is easy to build great spec machines which outperforme the HP workstations and costing less then half and maybe 1/3 third of the workstations price, when buying a Z1 workstation you pay for everything that HP does like marketing, R&D etc etc.

If you do not have a clue how to build then I would say go grad a Dell or a HP machine.

What I do not like about the workstations is that they do not tell what chipset, motherboard or ram type is used, just the cpu and videocard are specified. When looking inside these machines you probably get worried as most components they use are the same actually but you pay twice or three times the prices. And overclocking on HP’s en DELL’s no way, not possible.

As DG said: nobody is against if anyone built their own DAWs. Nothing wrong with that. But there definitely is something wrong with this opinion:

Probably a big reason why Steinberg haven’t gotten into this, is just that. They build a “perfect” (well, a very accomplished) computer and people who know nothing about computers would muck them up. A lot of people do not understand the implications of installing certain software on a computer, or the impact simple configuration changes contrasted by the resources available on a computer.

The question should probably be formulated on the forum of companies assembling computers? I mean, a fair amount of people on this forum alone are capable of setting up and configuring a computer to be “optimal” for music. A company building computer professionally should have little problem digging up enough material how to make a very good music computer. And then sustain support for the masses. :slight_smile:

U be luckier having someone here guide u to build a perfect PC 4 audio , me every time , i research , n do the rounds , n well finally decide , something new comes out , so u mostly be running all the time , imagine the feeling some one spends $$$$ on the i 7 , now the i 7 3rd gen is out , soon to b phased away , with a total new architectural design , n then i want to have the Thunderbolt port !!! with no similar device yet out may be ?? well sm