Wich computer must have ?

Hello,

What computer should have to work vumeter in real time ?

I load a general midi with 12 tracks into halion 4. If I undock mixer and maximize to second monitor vumeter run very slow. Why ?

My computer is I7 3770K with 32 GB RAM with win7 64bit.

Thank You.

It does run slow and there is nothing that can be done about it. It is the way it was coded. Your computer is fantastic looking spec wise, so no worries there. I really think Steinberg should offload the processing to the GPU to alleviate the slow redraw rate. With Cubase 7 running, everything is even slower. :frowning:

Hi there,

the solution is simple:

If you undock the Mixer section for example and move it to another location and the Peakmeter are performing
slowly:
Just close the Mixer- View in your HALion 4

Now the Peak- Meter will react normally again.

Cheers,

Marcus

I was just about to ask a similar question as nicusorb did. In my case, even if I don’t undock the mixer, the vumeters start moving very slowly after I load no more than 4-5 instruments, although the CPU is only at about 50-60%. Unlike nicusorb, I have a much slower system (a T4500 dual-core at 2.3GHz with 3GB DDR3). Still, is it normal to get such a poor performance of the vumeters with just a couple of instruments loaded?

Thank you

Hi KTA,

a T4500 Intel CPU is a weak and old CPU. I can not see a misbehavior right now.

• Have you activated the Multicore- feature in the HALion 4.5. options for your better system?

Cheers,

Marcus

Thanks Marcus

Yes, I have the Multicore feature activated.