Wider Monitor screens?

Hey folks…

Has anybody seen any wider PC monitor screens, already?
Like 21:9 at 32" ,maybe even OLED ?
I’d love to get rid of the 2 monitor split. Should be a blessing for all DAW workers…
I wonder why it hasn’t come to the manufacturers, yet …

Big K

I have a dell 3008wfp @ 2560x1600 on a arm that I pull up for editing/push back for mixing. It is 30", expensive and beautiful. The U3011 replaces it, i think, and is more affordable.

Hmmmm… strange… I can still post here.

Maybe rather something like this
http://www.crystal-cde.com/de/Elektronische_Medien,5/Large_Screens,112/Stretched_Monitors_(Ultra_Wide),439/29_Zoll_Stretched_LCD_Monitor,4427/

but with better resolution and not quite as wide…

Aren’t LCD TVs refresh rates doubled now? So I’m guessing they should look better. I mean, we’re not video editors (perhaps working WITH video but…). Might be a good option–and a lot cheaper than a monitor. You could always try it out and then return the TV before the 30 days. My buddy uses an LCD TV as his DAW monitor. It’s HUGE and looks a little ridiculous on his desktop, but he has a lot of real estate :slight_smile:

True, but keep in mind that I need to see my center speaker. So, 21:9 would be great.
If a pc monitor or a LED-TV is the better choice will be decided by the latency, connectability, stand, etc. Frame rates are no issue, anymore… you’re right.

Big K

I still use my anno 2003 3 x 17’’ ( 3 x 1280x1024) - its hard to find replacements - it would be easy to just buy two 23’’ widesreen which would have similar overall dimensions - but I hate to have the boarders of them in the middle… Thats why I prefer three screens. Fine would be ONE very wide screen. But I am afraid that this one would be too high - in the way of my monitoring then.