[WIKI] All Key Commands in Cubase 11.0.41

Commands: MediaInspector

This command category does not exist at first! Right clicking in the MediaBay Attribute Inspector will make it available in Key Commands. I wonder if this applies to other functions too. How many key commands have I missed?!

Command Default Key Function My Rating Link
Remove Attribute Removes the selected Attribute in MediaBay’s Attribute inspector. 3 Editing Attributes in the Attribute Inspector
Search for […] Searches for the selected Attribute. 3

Commands: MediaList

CommitTags When a file has been write-protected and we change its attributes in MediaBay, this file has pending tags. After we remove write protection, we can use this command to “Write Tags to File”. (that’s how it’s called in the right click menu.) 5 Editing Attributes of Write-Protected Files
RemoveWriteProtection Removes a file’s write protection. 5 Editing Attributes of Write-Protected Files
SetWriteProtection Write protects a file. 5 Editing Attributes of Write-Protected Files

Commands: MIDI

Auto Select Controllers Activates/Deactivates Auto Select Controllers. When active, selecting a MIDI event (note), will select all Controllers under it. 5 Auto Select Controllers
Bounce MIDI This command will bounce the selected midi parts into one. 8 Bouncing MIDI Parts
Controller Lane Setup 1-16 Recalls Controller Lane Presets 1-16. Note: You need to have presets saved, otherwise it won’t work. 8 Controller Lane Setup Menu
Delete Continuous Controllers Make a selection of parts. Give the command. Observe how all CCs have been deleted. Also works with range selections. Any part caught in the range will have ALL CCs deleted. 6 Deleting Continuous Controller Data
Delete Controllers Not sure. The same as “Delete Continuous Controllers”? ? Deleting Controller Data
Delete Doubles This command will delete notes that occupy the same pitch at the same time. It also works for CCs, removing consecutive extra entries with the same value. 6 Deleting Double Notes
Delete Notes Brings up the Delete Notes window, where we can select the minimum length of the notes to be deleted, the minimum velocity, and whether one or both condition should apply. 6 Delete Notes Dialog
Delete Overlaps (mono) This command will delete overlaps of events of the same pitch (overlapping unisons) Opinion: I don’t know if “mono” is a good description. 6 Deleting Overlaps
Delete Overlaps (poly) This command will delete any overlaps of events of any pitch. (including unisons) Opinion: Unless I’m missing something, this command does exactly as “Delete Overlaps (mono)”, and more. Why does “Delete Overlaps (mono)” even exist? 6 Deleting Overlaps
Dissolve Part Brings up the Dissolve Part window, in which we can choose to Dissolve in separate channels, or separate pitches, the option to optimize display and the option to dissolve to lanes. Note: Optimize display will remove silent areas of the resulting parts, but not when CCs are there. 6 Dissolve Part Dialog
Drum Editor: Show Note Length On/Off Toggles Show Note Length for the Drum Editor 3 Changing the Note Length
Drum Map Setup… Opens the Drum Map Setup window. 3 Drum Map Setup Dialog
Expression Map Setup… Opens the Expression Map Setup window. 3 Expression Map Setup Window
Extract MIDI Automation Deletes all CCs of the selected part, and makes them automation lanes instead. 6 Extracting MIDI Automation
Fixed Lengths Fixes length of the events in the selection to the selected quantize value. 6 Fixing MIDI Note Lengths
Fixed Velocity Fixes velocity of the events in the selection to the selected Insert Velocity value. 6 Fixing MIDI Note Velocities
Freeze Length Not sure. I think it should control the button “Freeze MIDI Lengths” in the Length Section of the Inspector>Editor. ? Key Editor Inspector
Freeze MIDI Modifiers Freezes any MIDI modifiers currently applied from the MIDI Modifiers Section of the Inspector. This means that the Modifiers will be applied to the MIDI track (observe how the events change), and their values reset to zero. 3 Freezing MIDI Modifiers
Insert Velocity 1-5 Directly selects Insert Velocity preset 1-5 Tip: You can modify the presets from the “Insert Velocities Dialog” 8 Setting Velocity Values
Legato Applies Legato to the selection. (Apply Legato button of Length Section in Inspector>Editor) 8 Extending MIDI Notes
“New in 11!” List Editor: Show/Hide Filters Shows/Hides the Filter Toolbar in the List Editor 4 Filters Bar
Logical Editor… Launches the Logical Editor 6 Logical Editor
Merge MIDI in Loop Merges all MIDI caught between the Left and Right Locators to the selected tracks. First brings up the MIDI Merge Options window. 6 MIDI Merge Options Dialog
Merge Tempo from Tapping Allows you to have the Tempo track follow your tapping. To do this, you need the MIDI track in Linear Time Base. Record your tapping along to the music. Then give the command. In the “Tempo from Tapping” window, select the value which you were tapping at. Done. 4 Setting up a Tempo Track from Tapping
Mirror This will mirror the selection. Works on multiple parts, works with ranges. 7 Inverting the Order of Selected MIDI Events
O-Note Conversion Performs O-Note Conversion. Pitches are set according to their O-Notes. 4 Setting Pitches of Notes According to their O-Note Settings
Open CC Automation Setup Dialog Brings up the MIDI Controller Automation Setup window, in which we configure how CC to automation transformations will be handled. 4 MIDI Controller Automation Setup Dialog
Open Insert Velocities Dialog Brings up the “MIDI Insert Velocities” Dialog, where we can set up the velocity values of the 5 Levels. 8
Pedals to Note Length Not sure. Per manual, this command is supposed to elongate the note up to the point where the recorded sustain pedal is released, and then deletes the sustain controller. In practice, it doesn’t always work as expected, or it’s me that doesn’t understand all parameters. 0 Rendering Sustain Pedal Data to Note Lengths
“New in 11!” Pitch Visibility: On/Off When On, only used pitches are shown. 5 Pitch Visibility Options
“New in 11!” Pitch Visibility: Select Next Option Cycles between the two options: “Show Pitches with Events” and “Show Pitches from Scale Assistant”. 4 Pitch Visibility Options
“New in 11!” Pitchbend: Snap Pitchbend Events On/Off Activates/Deactivates snap for pitchbend events. 10 Pitchbend Controller Lanes
Record in Editor Activates Record in Editor. 3 Key Editor Toolbar
Repeat Loop This command is about the “Independent Track Loop”. It will fill the whole part with what’s caught in the independent loop. Opinion: Should be “Repeat Independent Track Loop” for clarity. 1 Repeating MIDI Events of Independent Track Loops
Reset Performs a “Reset MIDI Devices” Opinion: Should be “Reset MIDI Devices” for clarity. 3 Reset Function
Restrict Polyphony Brings up an Allow window where we set the number of Allowed voices. If we select 1, event lengths will be changed so that notes do not overlap. 5 Restricting Polyphonic Voices
Reverse This is like mirror, except it doesn’t function as I would expect. 3 Reversing the Playback Order of MIDI Events
Send All Notes Off Message Not sure if this works. Using MIDI Monitor, I don’t see any Notes Off Messages. Does it work? ?
Show Used Controllers As it says. Shows all the controllers used in a selection. If multiple parts are selected, the command will only show the controllers used by ALL parts. 7 Create Controller Lane Menu
Show/Hide Controller Lanes Alt L As it says. Note: The key for the Key Command does not show up next to the command in the “Controller Lane Setup” pop-up menu. 10 Controller Lane Setup Menu
Thin Out Thins out MIDI data. (For example, if a CC contains a lot of redundant points, those will be removed upon using this command.) 7 Thinning Out Controller Data
Toggle Computer Keyboard Input Toggles Computer Keyboard Input On/Off in the Score Editor, allowing input of notes by pressing the respective key. (C for C, D for D, e.t.c.) Note: Score editor only! 8 Entering Notes with the Computer Keyboard
Toggle MIDI Input Toggles MIDI input in Editors. (Record in Editor is activated automatically) 5 Key Editor Toolbar
Toggle Step Input Toggles Step Input in Editors. (Record in Editor is activated automatically) 5 Key Editor Toolbar
Transpose Brings up the “Transpose Setup” window, with options for the planned transposition. 5 Transpose Setup Dialog
Transpose Notes This command is the “Apply Transpose” Button, in Inspector>Editor Transpose Section. Once you select the number of semitones in the field, you give this command, and the transposition is applied. 3
“New in 11!” Type of New Controller Events: Toggle Step/Ramp Well explained. 10 Controller Lane Setup Menu
Velocity Brings up the “Velocity” window, with options to select the type of velocity change, and the wanted values. 3 Velocity Dialog

Commands: MixConsole History

Undo MixConsole Step Oops! Tip: Highly recommended! 10 Undoing/Redoing MixConsole Parameter Changes
Redo MixConsole Step Alt Shift Z Redoes what you have undone. 10 Undoing/Redoing MixConsole Parameter Changes

Commands: MixConsole Snapshots

Save MixConsole Snapshot Saves a snapshot of the MixConsole’s status. 5 MixConsole Snapshots

Commands: Mixer

Part One

Activate Record Enable for All Audio Tracks As it says. Record enables all audio tracks. 8 Record Enabling Tracks
Add Track To Selected: FX Channel Brings up the Add Track dialog, ready to create an FX track. The selected tracks upon which the command was given will use their next available send to connect to this FX track. 10 Adding FX Channels to Selected Channels
Add Track To Selected: Group Channel Brings up the Add Track dialog, ready to create a Group track. The selected tracks upon which the command was given will have their outputs routed to this Group track. 10 Adding Group Channels to Selected Channels
Add Track To Selected: VCA Fader Brings up the Add Track dialog, ready to create a VCA Fader track. The selected tracks upon which the command was given will have their faders connected to this VCA Fader. 10 Creating VCA Faders for a Selection of Channels
Bypass: Channel Strip Bypasses the Channel Strip (except EQ) everywhere in the MixConsole. 7 MixConsole Toolbar
Bypass: Channel Strip on Main Mix Bypasses the Channel Strip (except EQ) just on the Main Mix. 8 MixConsole Toolbar
Bypass: EQs Bypasses the EQ section everywhere in the MixConsole. 7 MixConsole Toolbar
Bypass: EQs on Main Mix Bypasses the EQ section just on the Main Mix. 8 MixConsole Toolbar
Bypass: Inserts Bypasses the Insert section everywhere in the MixConsole. 7 MixConsole Toolbar
Bypass: Inserts on Main Mix Bypasses the Insert section just on the Main Mix. 8 MixConsole Toolbar
"New in 11!"Bypass: Sends Bypasses the Sends section everywhere in the MixConsole. 7 MixConsole Toolbar
Deactivate Record Enable for All Audio Tracks As it says. Record disables all audio tracks. 8 Record Enabling Tracks
Direct Routing: Summing Mode On/Off Toggles Summing Mode On/Off 6 Functions Menu
"New in 11!"Edit Channel Panner for selected Brings up a big panner for the selected track. 5
Edit Channel Settings for selected Brings up the Channel Settings window. Note: Between this command, and Edit>Edit Channel Settings, IF there are any differences, I am not aware of them. 10 Channel Settings
EQ/Filter Transition: Quick Changes EQ/Filter behavior to quick. 6 Functions Menu
EQ/Filter Transition: Soft Changes EQ/Filter behavior to soft. 6 Functions Menu
Expand: Channel Strip Function: Expands/Reduces the Channel Strip section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Cue Sends Expands/Reduces the Cue Sends section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Device Panels Expands/Reduces the Device Panels section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Direct Routing Expands/Reduces the Direct Routing section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: EQs Expands/Reduces the EQ section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Filters/Gain Expands/Reduces the PRE section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Inserts Expands/Reduces the Inserts section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Quick Controls Expands/Reduces the Quick Controls section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Routing Expands/Reduces the Routing section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: Sends Expands/Reduces the Sends section. 5 Channel Racks
Expand: VCA ? ?
File: Load Selected Channels Loads the selected channels’ mixer state from a file. 5 Loading MixConsole Settings
File: Save Selected Channels Saves the selected channels’ mixer state to a file. 5 Saving MixConsole Settings
Hide: Audio Shows/Hides Audio channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: Groups Shows/Hides Group channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: Inputs Shows/Hides Input channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: Instruments Shows/Hides Instrument channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: MIDI Shows/Hides MIDI channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: Outputs Shows/Hides Output channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: Returns Shows/Hides FX channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: ReWire Shows/Hides ReWire channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types
Hide: VCAs Shows/Hides VCA channels. 8 Filtering Channel Types

Commands: Mixer

Part Two

Link Channels Brings up the Link Group Settings window, in order to choose what will be linked among all the selected channels. 5 Link Group Settings Dialog
Link Group: Edit Link Group Settings Brings up the Link Group Settings window, in order to edit the settings of the link group that the selected channel belongs to. 5 Link Group Settings Dialog
Link Group: Next Link Group Selects the next Link Group. 7
Link Group: Previous Link Group Selects the previous Link Group. 7
Listen for All Visible Channels On/Off Pushes Listen for All Visible Channels. 10 Listen Mode
Loudness: Enable Toggle Measure Loudness (Right Zone>Meter>Loudness) 6 Loudness Meter
Loudness: Reset Function: Resets Loudness Measurement (Right Zone>Meter>Loudness) 8 Loudness Meter
Loudness: Switch between +9dB and +18dB Scale Perfectly explained. 6 Loudness Meter
Loudness: Switch between LU and LUFS Perfectly explained. 6 Loudness Meter
Master Meter: AES17 (+3dB) Perfectly explained. (Right Zone>Meter>Master, in settings cog) 6 Master Meter
Meters: Hold Forever Activates/Deactivates “Hold Forever” for the meters. 7 Global Meter Settings Menu
Meters: Hold Peaks Activates/Deactivates “Hold Peaks” for the meters. 7 Global Meter Settings Menu
Meters: Input Moves the meters’ position to the input. 6 Global Meter Settings Menu
Meters: Post Fader Moves the meters’ position to post fader. 6 Global Meter Settings Menu
Meters: Post Panner Moves the meters’ position to post panner. 6 Global Meter Settings Menu
“New in 11!” Meters: Reset Resets all meters 10 Global Meter Settings Menu
Pre/Post Switches the focused Send Slot between Pre/Post. Works in MixConsole, Channel Settings, not in the Inspector Section though. 1 Pre/Post Fader Sends
Q Link Activates/Deactivates Quick Link (Acts as Toggle, no need to keep pressed like Alt) 10 Using Quick Link
Show All ? Not sure. I can’t find out what this does. ?
Show/Hide Channel Overview Shows/Hides the Channel Overview in the MixConsole. 8 MixConsole Window
Show/Hide Channel Racks Shows/Hides the Channel Racks in the MixConsole, leaving you with just the fader section. 8 MixConsole Window
Show/Hide Channel Selector ? Not sure. I can’t find out what this does. Probably relic from older version? ?
Show/Hide Control Room/Meter ? Not sure. I am guessing this should be a separate key command for the MixConsole’s Right Zone, but it doesn’t do anything for me. ?
Show/Hide Equalizer Curve Shows/Hides the Equalizer Curve in the Racks section. 8 MixConsole Window
Show/Hide Meter Bridge Shows/Hides the Meter Bridge in the Racks section. 8 MixConsole Window
Show/Hide Notepad Shows/Hides the Notepad in the Racks section. 8 MixConsole Window
Show/Hide Pictures Shows/Hides the Track Pictures in the Racks section. 8 MixConsole Window
Unlink Channels Unlinks channels previously in a Link Group. 5 Changing the Link Group Settings
Views: Channel Strip Shows/Hides the Channel Strip Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Cue Sends Shows/Hides the Cue Sends Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Device Panels Shows/Hides the Device Panels Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Direct Routing Shows/Hides the Direct Routing Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: EQs Shows/Hides the EQ Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Filters/Gain Shows/Hides the PRE Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Inserts Shows/Hides the Inserts Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Quick Controls Shows/Hides the Quick Controls Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Routing Shows/Hides the Routing Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: Sends Shows/Hides the Sends Rack. 8 Channel Racks
Views: VCA ? ?
Windows: Close All Plug-Ins Closes all open plug-in windows. 9 Closing All Control Panels
Zoom In Horizontal Zoom In for the MixConsole. Note: If you have “Use Standard Zoom Commands” enabled in Functions Menu>Zoom, both the regular key command for zoom, and the one here will work. Horizontal Zoom affects the size of the knobs in the STRIP Section. 4 Functions Menu
Zoom In Vertically Vertical Zoom In for the MixConsole. Note: See above. 4 Functions Menu
Zoom Out Horizontal Zoom Out for the MixConsole. Note: See above. 4 Functions Menu
Zoom Out Vertically Vertical Zoom Out for the MixConsole. Note: See above. 4 Functions Menu

Commands: Navigate

Note: Sorry for the lack of links, but arrow keys for navigation are used extensively in Cubase.

Add Down Shift Down Adds to selection for direction down. Removes from selection for direction up. Note: Transposes 8vb in Key Editor. 10
Add Left Shift Left Adds to selection for direction left. Removes from selection for direction right. 10
Add Right Shift Right Adds to selection for direction right. Removes from selection for direction left. 10
Add Up Shift Up Adds to selection for direction up. Removes from selection for drection down. Note: Transposes 8va in Key Editor. 10
Back ? Not sure. I can’t find out a place where I can navigate back. ?
Bottom End Goes to the the bottom track. 10
Down Down Moves down in the project window. Note: Moves one Semitone down in Key Editor 10
Forward ? Not sure. I can’t find out a place where I can navigate forward. ?
Left Left Selects previous in project window. Note: Selects previous event in Key Editor. 10
Less ? Not sure. I can’t find out a place where I can show less. ?
More ? Not sure. I can’t find out a place where I can show more. ?
Right Right Selects next in project window. Note: Selects next event in Key Editor. 10
Set Remote-Control Focus on Next Plug-in If you have VST Instruments loaded, this command will move the remote control focus to the next plug-in. 9 VST Instruments Window Toolbar
Set Remote-Control Focus on Previous Plug-in If you have VST Instruments loaded, this command will move the remote control focus to the previous plug-in. 9 VST Instruments Window Toolbar
Toggle Selection Ctrl Space ? Not sure. I don’t know what selection this is supposed to toggle. ?
Top Home Selects the top track in the project window. 10
Up Up Moves up in the project window. Note: Moves one Semitone up in the Key Editor. 10

Commands: Note Expression

Consolidate Note Expression Overlaps When two notes overlap and contain note expressions for the same controller, this command will use the second note’s data for the overlap. 6 Consolidating Note Expression Overlaps
Convert to Note Expression Converts CCs to Note Expression. 6 Converting MIDI Control Change Messages into Note Expression Data
Dissolve Note Expression Converts Note Expression to CCs. 6 Converting Note Expression Data to MIDI Controller Data
Edit Next Parameter Edits the next parameter with data. 8 Note Expression Event Editor
Edit Previous Parameter Edits the previous parameter with data. 8 Note Expression Event Editor
Editor Size: Decrease Cycles between 3 different sizes for the Note Expression editor, from large to small. 8 Note Expression Event Editor
Editor Size: Increase Cycles between 3 different sizes for the Note Expression editor, from small to large. 8 Note Expression Event Editor
Note Expression MIDI Setup Brings up the Note Expression MIDI Setup window. 6 Note Expression MIDI Setup Dialog
Open/Close Editor Opens/Closes the Note Expression editor. 10 Note Expression Event Editor
Paste Note Expression Not sure. I can’t paste note expression with this command. On the other hand Ctrl V works. ? Pasting Note Expression Events to Different Notes
Record MIDI as Note Expression ? Not sure. I can’t Enable/Disable “Record MIDI as Note Expression” with this command. ?
Remove Note Expression Removes Note Expression. 8 Removing All Note Expression Data
Resolve Note Expression Distributes Notes to MIDI Channels Opinion: Either MIDI>Note Expression>Distribute Notes to MIDI Channels should be renamed to “Resolve Note Expression”, or this command should be renamed to “Distribute Notes to MIDI Channels”. 8 Distributing Notes to Different Channels
Show/Hide Note Expression Data Shows/Hides Note Expression Data on the notes themselves in the Key Editor. 9 Note Expression Tools
Trim Note Expression to Note Length As it says. Shortens Note Expression to match the length of the note. 9 Trimming Note Expression Data

Commands: Nudge

Down Nudges down. Down key accomplishes the same in the Key Editor for selected events. 10 Moving and Transposing Note Events
Down (Larger Step) Nudges down by a larger amount. Shift Down accomplishes the same in the Key Editor for selected events, transposing them down by an octave. 7 Moving and Transposing Note Events
End Left Alt Shift Left Nudges the end of the event/part to the left by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 10 Resizing Events with the Object Selection Tool - Normal Sizing
End Right Alt Shift Right Nudges the end of the event/part to the right by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 10 Resizing Events with the Object Selection Tool - Normal Sizing
Graphical Bottom Used in Score Editor’s Page Mode. Nudges down. 7 Moving Notes and Symbols
Graphical Left Used in Score Editor’s Page Mode. Nudges left. 7 Moving Notes and Symbols
Graphical Right Used in Score Editor’s Page Mode. Nudges right. 7 Moving Notes and Symbols
Graphical Top Used in Score Editor’s Page Mode. Nudges up. 7 Moving Notes and Symbols
Left Ctrl Left Nudges the whole selection left by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 10 Moving Events with the Nudge Buttons
Loop Range Left Nudges the loop (space in between left and right locators) to the left by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 9 Left and Right Locators
Loop Range Right Nudges the loop (space in between left and right locators) to the right by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 9 Left and Right Locators
Right Ctrl Right Nudges the whole selection right by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 10 Moving Events with the Nudge Buttons
Start Left Alt Left Nudges the start of the event/part to the left by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 10 Resizing Events with the Object Selection Tool - Normal Sizing
Start Right Alt Right Nudges the start of the event/part to the right by the amount dictated by the grid type setting, and the quantize setting. 10 Resizing Events with the Object Selection Tool - Normal Sizing
Up Nudges up. Up key accomplishes the same thing in the Key Editor for selected events. 10 Moving and Transposing Note Events
Up (Larger Step) Nudges up by a larger amount. Shift Up accomplishes the same in the Key Editor for the selected events, transposing them up by an octave. 7 Moving and Transposing Note Events

Commands: Preferences

Part One

Audio - Background Color Modulation Activates/Deactivates background color modulation for events/parts in the project window. Note: It seems that background color modulation doesn’t work with transparent events. It will make the event color solid and modulate it from there. 3 Event Display - Audio
Audio - Create Audio Images during Record Activates/Deactivates. When active, the audio images (waveforms in the events) are created as record runs. When inactive, during record the event remains blank, and when recording stops, it’s then that the images are constructed. 3 Record - Audio
Audio - Default Warping Algorithm Chooses the next available warping algorithm as the default. Note: This key command is a one way street. Once I reach the end, i.e. Standard - Solo, I don’t have a way to go back. 0 Editing - Audio
Audio - Enable Automatic Hitpoint Detection Activates/Deactivates automatic Hitpoint detection. Note: This command does not create Hitpoints itself, neither is it retroactive. This means, if you have Automatic Detection enabled and record an event, you will get Hitpoints. Now, if you give the command, the hitpoints will not dissapear for this event. It’s just they will not be auto-created for the next event that you record. (And of course when you record said next event, and give the command afterwards, the event will not have hitpoints automatically calculated for it.) 5 Editing - Audio
Audio - Interpolate Audio Waveforms Activates/Deactivates interpolation of audio waveforms. Note: This command interpolates sample values to form curves when you zoom in to one sample per pixel or less. Keep this in mind if it looks like this is command is doing nothing. 5 Event Display - Audio
Audio - On Processing Shared Clips Cycles through the options for what should be done when applying processing to shared clips. 5 Editing - Audio
Audio - Remove Regions/Hitpoints on all Offline Processes Activates/Deactivates removal of hitpoints and regions when offline processes are applied. 5 Editing - Audio
Audio - Show Event Volume Curves Always Activates/Deactivates visibility of the volume curve (envelope) for an audio event, even if deselected. When activated, the curve will always show. 7 Event Display - Audio
Audio - Show Hitpoints on Selected Events Activates/Deactivates visibility of the hitpoints when the event is selected. When activated, once you select an event you will see its hitpoints on it. 7 Event Display - Audio
Audio - Show Waveforms Activates/Deactivates visibility of waveforms for audio events. When activated, you see waveforms in events. When deactivated, events remain blank. 5 Event Display - Audio
Audio - Snap to Zero Crossing Activates/Deactivates Snap to Zero Crossing. Opinion: This command should be in Project or Edit. 8 Snap to Zero Crossing
Audio - Time Stretch Tool Algorithm Chooses the next available time stretch algorithm for the time stretch tool. Note: This key command is a one way street. Once I reach the end, i.e. Realtime, I don’t have a way to go back. 0 Editing - Audio
Audio - Treat Muted Audio Events like Deleted Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you have 2 events overlapping, and the event on top is muted, the overlapped section of the event in the back will playback normally. When deactivated: If you have 2 events overlapping, and the event on top is muted, the overlapped section of the event in the back will not play back. Only the section of the event NOT covered by the muted event in the foreground will play. 3 Editing - Audio
Audio - Use Mouse Wheel for Event Volume and Fades Activates/Deactivates the use of the mouse wheel for modifying the event’s volume and fades. When enabled, event gain is modified in 1dB steps. Fades are adjusted in steps dictated by quantize, and grid type setting. 3 Editing - Audio
Audio - When Recording Wave Files Larger than 4 GB Switches between “Split Files” and “Use RF64 Format” options for what to do when recording files larger than 4 GB. 3 Record - Audio
Control Room - Auto Disable Talkback Mode Switches between 3 options for auto disabling the talkback mic. “No Auto Disable” (talkback mic always on), “In Record” (talkback mic off), “In Play and Record” (talkback mic off) 7 VST - Control Room
Control Room - Dim Cue during Talkback Activates/Deactivates dimming cues during talkback. Tip: Don’t forget to set Talk Dim Level! 7 VST - Control Room
Control Room - Exclusive Device Ports for Monitor Channels Activates/Deactivates the option for exclusive device ports for monitor channels. When activated, you cannot assign the same device output to two monitor channels. Each monitor channel will have to use a unique output. Opinion: I can’t see the point of this key command. I mean, you have to re-assign the connections when you toggle this command, don’t you? 0 VST - Control Room
Control Room - Show Control Room Volume in Transport Panel Activates/Deactivates controlling the big red knob of the “Main” section of the Control Room from the transport bar. When activated it’s the red knob being controlled, when deactivated it’s the stereo out. Tip: You may need to click and drag on the Audio Activity & Levels section of the Transport Bar for the control “triangle” to show. Note: Meters don’t follow the option change. They always measure the Stereo Out. 0 VST - Control Room
Control Room - Use Phones Channel as Preview Channel Activates/Deactivates using Phones as the preview channel. 10 VST - Control Room
Controls - Knob Mode Cycles between “Circular”, “Relative Circular”, and “Linear” modes for all knobs. 3 Editing - Controls
Controls - Slider Mode Cycles between “Jump”, “Touch”, “Ramp”, and “Relative” modes for all sliders. 3 Editing - Controls
Controls - Value Box/Time Control Mode Cycles between “Text Input on Left-Click”, “Increment/Decrement on Left/Right-Click”, and “Increment/Decrement on Left-Click and Drag” for all value boxes/time controls. 3 Editing - Controls
Editing - ‘Edit Solo’/‘Record in MIDI Editors’ Follow Focus Activates/Deactivates. When deactivated, pressing ‘Record in Editor’ will keep doing its job, regardless of focus. When activated, pressing ‘Record in Editor’ and then changing focus (by clicking in the project window for instance) will de-activate ‘record in editor’. 7 Editing
Editing - Auto Select Events under Cursor. Activates/Deactivates. When activated, positioning the cursor will automatically select all events under it. Notes: This is a duplicate entry. Also exists in Edit>Auto Select Events under Cursor. This command is a preference switch, issuing it will not select any events by itself. 4 Editing
Editing - Cycle Follows Range Selection Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you make a range selection, the left and right locators will follow, and take positions on the left and on the right of the range, respectively. When deactivated: Range selections don’t affect the locators. Comment: An easy way to not care about whether a command would work with a range or a loop (cycle)? 8 Editing
Editing - Default Track Time Type Cycles between “Musical”, “Time Linear”, and “Follow Transport Main Display”. When you then create a new track, it will use the relevant Time Base. 5 Editing
Editing - Delete Overlaps Activates/Deactivates. When activated: Moving an audio event/midi part so that it overlaps another one will delete the overlapped area. Note: Overlapping that occurs due to recording does not delete overlaps immediately. You must move the overlapping event a little bit, and only then do the overlapped areas get deleted. 7 Editing
Editing - Display Warning before Deleting Non-Empty Tracks Activates/Deactivates. When activated, trying to delete any track that is not empty will display a warning, and require confirmation. Tip: We can always undo deletion of a track. 3 Editing
Editing - Lock Event Attributes Cycles through “Position”, “Size”, “Position + Size”, “Other”, “Position + Other”, “Size + Other”, “Position + Size + Other”. All these determine which attributes of the events will be locked when you lock them. Notes: Position: No moving the event. Size: No resizing the event. Other: Fade Handles, Event Gain 7 Editing
Editing - Parts Get Track Names Activates/Deactivates. When activated, parts on a track will automatically get the track’s name. 7 Editing
Editing - Quick Zoom Activates/Deactivates. When activated, the contents of parts/events are redrawn when you stop changing the zoom. Comment: I don’t notice much of a difference.(?) ? Editing
Editing - Select Track on Background Click Activates/Deactivates. When activated, clicking in empty space between parts/events of the same track will select the track. Tip: Using this preference together with “Editing - Track Selection Follows Event Selection” gives strong visual feedback of what’s what in the project window. 5 Editing
Editing - Track Selection Follows Event Selection Activates/Deactivates. When activated, selecting an event will also select the track it’s on. Tip: Using this preference together with “Editing - Select Track on Background Click” gives strong visual feedback of what’s what in the project window. 5 Editing
Editing - Use Up/Down Navigation Commands for Selecting Tracks only Activates/Deactivates. When activated, the Up/Down keys will be reserved for selecting tracks only. 3 Editing
Editors - Double-click Destination Toggles between “Double-click opens Editor in a Window” and “Double-click opens Editor in Lower Zone”. This is what will happen when you double click on a part/event. 7 Editors
Editors - Editor Content Follows Event Selection Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you have an Editor open and select a different event, the editor will now show/edit the newly selected event. 4 Editors
Editors - Open Command Destination Toggles between “Open Editor Commands Open Editors in a Window” and “Open Editor Commands open Editors in Lower Zone”. This is what will happen when you give the “Open Editor” command. 7 Editors
Editors - Use Drum Editor when Drum Map is assigned Activates/Deactivates. When activated: Having a drum map assigned on track, if you give the “Open Editor” command, the drum Editor will open instead of the default. 3 Editors
Event Display - Hide Truncated Event Names Activates/Deactivates. When activated: Overly long part names (i.e. extending beyond the actual length of the part) will be hidden. 5 Event Display
Event Display - Show Event Names Activates/Deactivates. When deactivated, event/part names are hidden. 9 Event Display
Event Display - Show Overlaps Cycles between “Show Overlaps: Always”, “Show Overlaps: On Mouse Over” and “Show Overlaps: Never”. Comment: I can’t figure out how “On Mouse Over” works. I always see the overlaps (“zebra strip”), be it “On Mouse Over” or “Always”. I would expect that “On Mouse Over” I would need to, you know, move the mouse over the area in question for the “zebra strip” to show up. It seems it doesn’t work this way. Comments? 6 Event Display
Event Display - Smallest Track Height To Show Data Cycles between “Minimal”, “One Row”, “Two Rows”, “Three Rows”. This preference sets the minimum track height needed for events to show waveforms and MIDI parts to show lines/blocks/their default data. 6 Event Display
Event Display - Smallest Track Height to Show Name Cycles between “Minimal”, “One Row”, “Two Rows”, “Three Rows”. This preference sets the minimum track height needed for events/parts to show their names. 6 Event Display
Folders - Show Data on Folder Tracks Cycles between “Always Show Data”, “Never Show Data”, “Hide Data When Expanded”. Controls if and when the Folder Track will show data. 6 Event Display - Folders
Folders - Show Event Details Activates/Deactivates. When activated (and “Folders - Show Data on Folder Tracks” is NOT set to “Never Show Data”), the folder track will show the data of the tracks included (waveforms, midi blocks etc.). 6 Event Display - Folders
General - Auto Save Activates/Deactivates. 4 General
“New in 11!” General - Enable Usage Logging What it says. 3 General
General - Open Projects in Last Used View Cycles between “Never”, “Only External Projects” and “Always”. Determines what windows layout will be used when opening projects. 4 General
General - Run Setup on Create New Project Activates/Deactivates. When activated, creating a new project will bring up the Project Setup Window. 5 General
General - Show Tips Activates/Deactivates. This controls if explanatory tooltips are displayed when the mouse cursor hovers over a control. 5 General
General - Use Hub Activates/Deactivates. When activated, giving the command for a new project will bring up the Hub. 5 General

Part Two

“New in 11!” Markers - Show Marker Lines Cycles between “Off”, “From Active Marker Track” and “From All Marker Tracks”. 6 Event Display - Markers
MediaBay - Allow Editing in Results List Activates/Deactivates. 3 MediaBay
MediaBay - Scan Folders Only When MediaBay is Open Activates/Deactivates. 3 MediaBay
MediaBay - Scan Unknown File Types Activates/Deactivates. 3 MediaBay
MediaBay - Show File Extensions in Results List Activates/Deactivates. 3 MediaBay
Metering - Map input Bus Metering to Audio Track (in Direct Monitoring) Activates/Deactivates. 5 Metering
MIDI - Add Latency to MIDI-Thru Processing Activates/Deactivates. When activated, latency is introduced to each note played in real time. 5 Record - MIDI
MIDI - ASIO Latency Compensation Active by Default Activates/Deactivates. 5 Record - MIDI
MIDI - Audition through MIDI Inserts/Sends Activates/Deactivates. When activated, the editor’s acoustic feedback includes MIDI Sends/Inserts, allowing us to layer sounds. 7 MIDI
MIDI - Insert Reset Events after Record Activates/Deactivates. When activated, a reset message is insert at the end of each recorded part, that resets controllers. 6 MIDI
MIDI - Legato Mode: Between Selected Notes Only Activates/Deactivates. Comment: I expected this command to connect to the Inspector>Editor>Length>Between Selected, but it is not connected. As this is a preference, it sort of makes sense, yet the same function mentioned above does not have a key command? I am not sure about how those two same(?) functions interact when one is on and the other is off. 6 Editing - MIDI
MIDI - MIDI Latency Mode Cycles between “Low”, “Normal”, “High”. 5 MIDI
MIDI - MIDI Thru Active Activates/Deactivates 7 MIDI
MIDI - Never Reset Chased Controllers Activates/Deactivates 5 MIDI
MIDI - Part Data Mode Cycles through “Lines”, “Scores”, “Drums”, “Blocks” and “No Data”. Affects how MIDI data are depicted on a track. 8 Event Display - MIDI
MIDI - Record-Enable allows MIDI Thru Activates/Deactivates 4 Record - MIDI
MIDI - Replace Recording in Editors Cycles through “None”, “All” and “Controller”. 7 Record - MIDI
MIDI - Reset on Stop Activates/Deactivates. 3 MIDI
MIDI - Select Controllers in Note Range: Use Extended Note Context Activates/Deactivates. When deactivated: If you have a CC extend beyond an event’s (note’s) duration and you select the event, only the CC nodes exactly matching the note’s duration will be selected. When activated, if the CC continues beyond the duration of the note, this extra data will be selected when you select the note. 4 Editing - MIDI
MIDI - Show Controllers Activates/Deactivates. When activated, the MIDI part in the project window will also depict CCs, and not only notes. 4 Event Display - MIDI
MIDI - Snap MIDI Parts to Bars Activates/Deactivates. When activated: When you are recording MIDI and you stop recording, the MIDI part created will be extended to start/end on the start of a bar. When deactivated: The MIDI part will have its start at where recording began, and its end at where recording stopped. 3 Record - MIDI
MIDI - Split MIDI Controllers Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you split a MIDI part in the project window, this preference will make it so that the new part gets a CC data node at its start (if the value was different than 0). When deactivated: The controller will not get a data node at the start. (and playback oddities may ensue if you throw away the first part that had the CC value leading into the the second parts value.) Comment: I cannot imagine why someone would want to keep this preference deactivated. (?) 3 Editing - MIDI
MIDI - Split MIDI Events Activates/Deactivates. Similar as above. When activated, splitting a MIDI part in the project window at the middle of an event, will make it so the event is also split. When deactivated, splitting a MIDI part at the middle of an event, will make it so the event is “truncated” at the position of the split, and no new event is created in the part on the right. 3 Editing - MIDI
Plug-ins - Create MIDI Track when Loading VSTi Cycles between “Always ask to”, “Always”, “Do not”. Determines if a MIDI track will be created when you load a VSTi from the F11 menu. Comment: “Always ask” does not seem to work over here. Maybe a long time ago I was asked and pressed “Do not show again”? Who knows. 3 VST - Plug-ins
Plug-ins - Open Effect Editor after Loading It Activates/Deactivates. When activated, loading a plug-in will immediately bring up its window (GUI). Comment: If you are planning on creating 10 instances of “Mystic” for example, it’s a good idea to deactivate this preference before the batch creation. Even if you can close all plug-in windows with one key after the fact, it takes some time to actually load all those windows, so it’s better if you don’t let them load from the get-go, using this preference. 8 VST - Plug-ins
Plug-ins - Plug-in Editors “Always on Top” Activates/Deactivates. Per manual: “Always shows the control panels for effect plug-ins and VST instruments on top of other windows.” 8 VST - Plug-ins
Plug-ins - Suspend VST 3 plug-in processing when no audio signals are received Activates/Deactivates. The troublesome preference. Steinberg advised to keep this off until further notice (at the time of 10.5.20). When activated, VST 3 plug-ins suspend their processing (thus improving performance and reducing cpu load) when no audio is passing through. 3 VST - Plug-ins
Plug-ins - Synchronize Plug-in Program Selection to Track Selection Activates/Deactivates. When Activated: If you have a multitimbral instrument like Halion SE and you are feeding it from many midi tracks, navigating the project window, going from MIDI track 1 to MIDI track 2 will move the respective sound slots in the plug-in’s window. 3 VST - Plug-ins
Plug-ins - Warn before Removing Modified Effects Activates/Deactivates. Well explained. When activated, if you try to unload (throw away) a plug-in that you have previously tweaked, you will be warned and asked to confirm the removal of the plug-in. When deactivated, the plug-in will be removed swiftly without warning. 3 VST - Plug-ins
Project & MixConsole - Deep Track Folding Activates/Deactivates. When activated: Toggling selected track (From Project>Track Folding) will expand/reduce ALL subfolders contained in the selected folder track. When deactivated: Only the root folder will be toggled. 4 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Enable Record on Selected Audio Track Activates/Deactivates. When activated: The selected audio track will be automatically record-enabled. 3 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Enable Record on Selected MIDI Track Activates/Deactivates. When activated: The selected MIDI track will be automatically record-enabled. 3 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Enable Solo on Selected Track Activates/Deactivates. When activated: The selected track will be Soloed. 7 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Enlarge Selected Track Activates/Deactivates. When activated: The selected track will be made bigger than the rest. Comment: Duplicate key command. Also in Edit>Enlarge Selected Track. 3 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Scroll to Selected Track Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you select a track in the project window, the MixConsole will scroll so that the selected channel is visible. Likewise, selecting a channel in the MixConsole will cause the project to scroll so that the selected track is visible. 3 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Select Channel/Track on Edit Settings Activates/Deactivates. When activated: When you click on the “e” button on a track/channel, it will be selected. 3 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Select Channel/Track on Solo Activates/Deactivates. When activated: When you click Solo on a track/channel, it will be selected. 3 Editing - Project & MixConsole
Project & MixConsole - Sync Selection in Project Window and MixConsole Activates/Deactivates. When activated: Selecting a track in the project window will select the corresponding channel in the MixConsole, and vice versa. 8 Editing - Project & MixConsole

Part Three

Record - Deactivate Punch In on Stop Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. When activated: Pressing stop will deactivate punch in. Secures one-off punches, eliminates the need to micromanage punch in activation/deactivation. 3 Record
Record - Stop after Automatic Punch Out Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. When activated: If Punch Out is activated, when record reaches that point, Stop will be pressed. In the same vein as above, it makes for more focused one-off punches. 3 Record
Scrub - Use High Quality Scrub Mode Activates/Deactivates. Per manual: Enables effects for scrubbing and uses a higher resampling quality. However, scrubbing will be more demanding on the processor. 3 Transport - Scrub
Scrub - Use Inserts While Scrubbing Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. 3 Transport - Scrub
Tools - Select Tool: Show Extra Info Activates/Deactivates. When activated, the select tool is accompanied everywhere by a tooltip that shows the part’s name and the time position over which the mouse cursor hovers. 5 Editing - Tools
Tools - Show Horizontal Cross-Hair Cursor Line Activates/Deactivates. When activated, the draw, split, and line tools will get a horizontal line, forming a crosshair at the exact position of the mouse cursor’s edge. 3 Editing - Tools
Tools - Show Notification when Switching Tool Mode with Key Command Activates/Deactivates. When activated, a notification will be shown in the middle of the screen every time you switch the modes of a tool with a key command. 3 Editing - Tools
Tools - Show Toolbox on Right-Click Activates/Deactivates. When activated, right clicking will bring up the toolbox. When deactivated, it will bring up the “regular” right click menu, which has the tools one level deep, but also more contextual functions. Comment: An infamous preference, due to the fact that the right click menu available now has seen some pruning, and users want the removed functions back. 3 Editing - Tools
Tools - Show Vertical Cross-Hair Cursor Line “Changes”", does not inform of state. Well, when activated, the draw, split and line tools will get a vertical line, forming a crosshair at the exact position of the mouse cursor’s edge. 3 Editing - Tools
Tools - Zoom Tool Standard Mode: Horizontal Zooming Only Activates/Deactivates. When activated, using the Zoom Tool will only allow Horizontal Zooming. 3 Editing - Tools
Track & MixConsole Channel Colors - Auto Track/Channel Color Mode Cycles between “Use Track’s Default Color”, “Use Previous Track Color”, “Use Previous Track Color +1”, “Use Last Applied Color”, “Use Random Track Color”. All these determine what color the next created track shall be. 6 User Interface
Transport - Clicking Locator Range in Upper Part of the Ruler Activates Cycle Activates/Deactivates. When activated, clicking on the upper part of the ruler between the left and right locators will activate the “cycle” (loop) 3 Transport
Transport - Locate when Clicked in Empty Space Activates/Deactivates. When activated, clicking in empty space in the project window the move the cursor to the click’s position. Comment: People are asking for this feature to be extended to the MIDI editors. 3 Transport
Transport - Playback Toggle Triggers Local Preview Per manual: Allows you to use Space on your keyboard to start/stop local playback of the selected file in the Sample Editor or the Pool. When the Sample Editor is not open or when there is no audio file selected in the Pool, Space still toggles the global project playback. 3 Transport
Transport - Return to Start Position on Stop Activates/Deactivates. When activated, pressing stop will return the cursor to where it was when start was pressed to initiate playback. 3 Transport
Transport - Show Timecode Subframes Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. When activated, subframes will show too for timecode. (It goes without saying that a ruler must show timecode for this to work.) 3 Transport
Transport - Stop Playback while Winding Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. When activated, if you press rewind or forward while the project is playing, stop will be pressed, and when you finish winding you’ll need to press play again. When deactivated, you can wind while the project is playing, and once you cease winding, playback will resume. 3 Transport
Transport - Zoom while Locating in Time Scale Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. When activated, clicking and dragging up/down on the ruler will zoom out/in respectively. 3 Transport
VariAudio - Inhibit warning when applying Offline Processes Per manual: Inhibits the message that warns you when you apply offline processes to audio material that is used in several places in the project. 3 VariAudio
VariAudio - Inhibit warning when changing the Sample Data Per manual: Inhibits the message that warns you when you modify audio material that is used in several places in the project. 3 VariAudio
Video - Extract Audio on Import Video File Activates/Deactivates. Self-explanatory. When activated, importing a video file will extract the audio too. 3 Video
VST - Activate ‘Link Panners’ for New Tracks Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you create a new track, the pan of its sends will automatically follow the panner of the channel itself. When deactivated, you have to set the sends pan manually. 3 VST
VST - Auto Monitoring Cycles between “Manual”, “While Record-Enabled”, “While Record Running” and “Tapemachine Style”. 4 VST
VST - Connect Sends Automatically for Each Newly Created Channel Activates/Deactivates. When activated: If you have FX tracks created, and then you create audio/instrument/sampler tracks, those will have their sends automatically connected to the existing FX tracks. 3 VST
VST - Default Send Level Cycles between “0dB”, “-6dB”, “-12dB”, “-inf. dB”. 3 VST
VST - Default Stereo Panner Mode Cycles between “Stereo Dual Panner (Remote Control Devices Only)”, “Stereo Combined Panner”, “Stereo Balance Panner” 3 VST
VST - Do Not Connect Input/Output Busses When Loading External Projects Activates/Deactivates. Per manual: Prevents connecting input and output busses to the ASIO ports of your system when loading external projects. 3 VST
VST - Group Channels: Mute Sources as well Activates/Deactivates. When activated: Muting a group channel will press mute on the source channels too. 3 VST
VST - Instruments use Automation Read All and Write All Activates/Deactivates. When activated, pressing the “Activate/Deactivate Read (or Write) for All Tracks” will affect instruments too. Comment: It doesn’t seem to work? Activated or Deactivated, instruments still get the R and W when giving the command for all tracks. Maybe I don’t understand the preference? 0 VST
VST - Mute Pre-Send when Mute Activates/Deactivates. When activated, muting a track will also mute its “pre” sends. 6 VST
VST - Warn on Processing Overloads Activates/Deactivates. When activated, when a cpu overload/audio dropout is detected, a message will pop up where you must confirm to continue. 3 VST

Commands: Preset

Next Loads the next preset, without opening the preset browser. Note: Mind the selection. When an instrument track is selected in the project window, it will change programs. When a plug-in is selected, it will change presets. 8 Preset Browser
Open Browser Opens the preset browser when a plug-in is in focus. Note: See above. 8 Preset Browser
Previous Loads the previous preset, without opening the preset browser. Note: See above. 8 Preset Browser

Commands: Process

Envelope Brings up the DOP panel with Envelope loaded. 8 Envelope
Fade In Brings up the DOP panel with Fade In loaded. 8 Fade In/Fade Out
Fade Out Brings up the DOP panel with Fade Out loaded. 8 Fade In/Fade Out
Gain Brings up the DOP panel with Gain loaded. 8 Gain
Invert Phase Brings up the DOP panel with Invert Phase loaded. 8 Invert Phase
Normalize Brings up the DOP panel with Normalize loaded. 8 Normalize
Pitch Shift Brings up the DOP panel with Pitch Shift loaded. 8 Pitch Shift
Remove DC Offset Silently performs a removal of DC Offset. (No DOP panel launched) 8 Remove DC Offset Option
Resample Brings up the DOP panel with Resample loaded. 8 Resample
Reverse Silently performs a reversal. (No DOP panel launched) 8 Reverse
Silence Directly applies silence. (No DOP launched) 8 Silence
Stereo Flip Brings up the DOP panel with Stereo Flip loaded. 8 Stereo Flip
Time Stretch Brings up the DOP panel with Time Stretch loaded. 8 Time Stretch

Commands: Process Logical Preset

Note: I’m not going to cover any logical presets here.

Any logical preset Directly applies the relevant Logical Preset. 10 Project Logical Editor Window Overview

Commands: Process Plug-in

Note: I’m not going to cover any plug-ins here.

Any plug-in Directly applies (using Direct Offline Processing) the relevant Plug-in on the selected audio event(s). 10 Direct Offline Processing Window

Commands: Process Project Logical Preset

Note: I’m not going to cover any project logical presets here.

Any project logical preset Directly applies the relevant Project Logical Preset. 10 Project Logical Editor Window Overview

Commands: Project

Auto Fades Settings Brings up the “Auto Fades - Project” window, where we can select if auto fades will occur, and adjust their curves. 5 Auto Fades Dialog
Beat Calculator Brings up the Beat Calculator window, where we can tap a tempo and insert it into the Tempo Track. 7 Beat Calculator
Bring To Front Brings the Project window to the front, and gives it focus. 10 Project Zone
Colors Alt Shift S Brings up the Project Colors Setup window. 10 Project Colors Setup Dialog
Divide Track List Creates/Removes a line that divides the project window in two horizontal segments. 4 Dividing the Track List
Duplicate Tracks Self-explanatory. 3 Duplicating Tracks
Folding: Fold Tracks Closes the selected folder(s). 6 Track Folding Menu
Folding: Toggle Selected Track Opens/Closes ONE selected folder. 7 Track Folding Menu
Folding: Toggle Tracks Opens/Closes ALL folders. 7 Track Folding Menu
Folding: Unfold Tracks Opens the selected folder(s). 6 Track Folding Menu
Move Selected Tracks to New Folder Self-explanatory. 8 Track Folding Menu
Notepad Opens the Project Notepad 2
Open Browser Ctrl B Opens the Project Browser window. 10 Project Browser
Open Layout… Opens the “Open Layout” window for scores. 8 Open Layout Dialog
Open Markers Ctrl M Brings up the Markers window 10 Markers Window
Open Pool Ctrl P Brings up the Pool 10 Pool Window
Open Tempo Track Ctrl T Brings up the Tempo Track 10 Tempo Track Editor
Remove Empty Tracks Self-explanatory. If a track contains no data, it will be removed. 7 Removing Empty Tracks
Remove Selected Tracks Shift Del Self-explanatory. 10 Removing Selected Tracks
Select Track: Add Next Adds the next track to the selection. 10 Selecting Tracks
Select Track: Add Prev Adds the previous track to the selection. 10 Selecting Tracks
Select Track: Next Selects the next track. 10 Selecting Tracks
Select Track: Prev Selects the previous track. 10 Selecting Tracks
Set Timecode Brings up the Set Timecode at Cursor window, where we can choose the start time of the Timecode. 4
Set Track/Event Color Alt Shift C Brings up the Colorize Selected Tracks Panel, to colorize selected tracks (and events). It remains open, allowing to colorize tracks (or events) in batches or one after the other. 10 Colorizing Selected Tracks
Setup Shift S Brings up the Project Setup window. 10 Project Setup Dialog
Tempo Detection… Brings up the Tempo Detection Panel. A selection must be made first. 6 Tempo Detection Panel
Track Controls Settings Brings up the Track Controls Settings window, in which we can customize the information and buttons shown on each track type. 6 Track Controls Settings Dialog
Track Preset: Next Loads the next Track Preset. 5 Track Presets
Track Preset: Open Browser Opens the Track Preset Browser, to choose a Track Preset for the selected track. If many tracks are selected, only the first is affected. 5 Preset Browser
Track Preset: Previous Loads the previous Track Preset. 5 Track Presets
VST Preset: Next Loads the next VST Preset (for Instruments) 5 VST Presets
VST Preset: Open Browser Opens the VST Preset Browser, to choose a VST Preset for the selected track. If many tracks are selected, only the first is affected. 5 Preset Browser
VST Preset: Previous Loads the previous VST Preset (for Instruments) 5 VST Presets

Commands: Quantize Category

AudioWarp Quantize On/Off Enables/Disables AudioWarp Quantize. (Top Toolbar) 4 Quantizing Audio Event Lengths (AudioWarp Quantizing)
Auto Quantize On/Off Enables/Disables Auto Quantize. (Button in Transport Bar - MIDI only) Note: Tooltip says: Automatic MIDI Record Quantize 4 Automatic MIDI Record Quantize
Create Groove Quantize Preset Creates a Groove Quantize Preset from the selection. 8 Options for Quantizing to a Groove
Freeze MIDI Quantize Per manual: Makes the start and end positions of MIDI events permanent. This function is useful in situations where you want to quantize a second time, based on the current quantized positions rather than the original positions. 2 Quantize Functions
Quantize Q Applies quantize, using the current settings. 10 Quantize Functions
Quantize MIDI Event Ends Self-explanatory. Adjusts only the “tails” of events, using the current settings. 5 Quantizing MIDI Event Ends
Quantize MIDI Event Lengths Self-explanatory. Adjusts the ends of events, so that the total length of the event is a round, quantized number. (Abiding to quantize settings) 5 Quantizing MIDI Event Lengths
Quantize Panel Opens/Closes the floating Quantize Panel. 8 Quantize Functions
Reset Quantize What it says. Note: If you have used “Freeze MIDI Quantize”, this command will NOT take you back before the Freeze. 7 Quantize Functions
Select Next Quantize Selects next quantize value. Works simultaneously for Inspector>Quantize>Grid Type, Project window’s top toolbar, and the quantize panel’s grid setting. 7
Select Prev Quantize Selects previous quantize value. Works simultaneously for Inspector>Quantize>Grid Type, Project window’s top toolbar, and the quantize panel’s grid setting. 7
Set Quantize to 1th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/1 8
Set Quantize to 2th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/2 8
Set Quantize to 4th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/4 8
Set Quantize to 8th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/8 8
Set Quantize to 16th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/16 8
Set Quantize to 32th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/32 8
Set Quantize to 64th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/64 8
Set Quantize to 128th Sets Quantize Grid to 1/128 8
“New in 11!” Soft Quantize On/Off Activates/Deactivates Soft Quantize. (ex Iterative) 4 Quantize Functions
Toggle Quantize Dotted Toggles Dotted for the currently selected quantize grid value. 10
Toggle Quantize Triplet Toggles Triplet for the currently selected quantize grid value. 10