[WIKI] All Key Commands in Cubase 11.0.41

Commands: Channel & Track Visibility

Notes:
Activating Sync Project and MixConsole will allow visibility changes done to the mixer apply to the project, and vice versa. This is very important, because some visibility agents that are otherwise exclusive to the project window OR the mixconsole, become readily available for both! (provided you manage window focus well)

Command Default Key Function My Rating Link
Agents: Hide Muted Tracks Hides muted tracks. 8
Agents: Hide Selected Channels/Tracks As it says. 8 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Redo Visibility Change As it says. Tip: If you apply a visibility change, it’s faster to change between the before/after states by undoing/redoing visibility changes than by applying different agents. 9 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show All Channels/Tracks As it says. 8 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show Channels that are Connected to the First Selected Channel Shows all the channels that are connected to the first selected channel. A powerful agent. Example: If you select an effects return channel and give the command, all channels will vanish except those that are connected to the effect return in any way, be it direct routing or sends. Then use visibility undo to return to the previous visibility status. 10 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show Channels/Tracks with Data As it says. Shows only Channels/Tracks that contain data. Every other channel/track is hidden from view. Note: An empty midi part still counts as data. 6 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show Channels/Tracks with Data at the Cursor Position As it says. Shows only Channels/Tracks that contain data at the cursor’s position. Every other channel/track is hidden from view. Note: An empty midi part still counts as data. 6 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show Channels/Tracks with Data between the Locators As it says. Shows only Channels/Tracks that contain data between the Locators. Every other channel/track is hidden from view. Note: An empty midi part still counts as data. 6 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show Only Selected Channels/Tracks As it says. 8 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Agents: Show Tracks with Selected Events As it says. When you have selected a bunch of events and give the command, only the tracks with the selected events will be shown, all others will be hidden. 8
Agents: Undo Visibility Change As it says. If you have applied a visibility agent and you give the command, it takes you back to the previous visibility status. 10 Channel Visibility Agents Menu
Create Visibility Configuration Creates a new visibility Configuration. Note & Tip: The command is common for both the project window, and the mixconsole. However, the window that has focus will receive the command, and the resulting visibility configuration will be for that window. But, with Sync Project & Mixconsole Visibility enabled, and some careful focus shifts, we can double the visibility configurations to 16. Example: Focus to the project window. Activate Sync Project & Mixconsole. Manually hide some channels from the visibility tab. Then give the command. Name the configuration “1”. Observe, that visibility configuration “1” is available for the project window. Now switch to the mixconsole and observe that the visibility configuration has been applied! But, the mixconsole’s visibility configurations are still empty. Make some manual visibility changes in mixcosole and give the command. The resulting visibility is for the mixconsole, but Sync Project & Mixconsole allows it to apply to the project as well. This way, we can have 8 configurations for the project window, and 8 for the mixconsole. 9 Channel Visibility Configurations Menu
Sync Visibility of Project and MixConsole: On/Off This command will switch on and off the synchronization between the visibility of the Project window and the MixConsole. While this is on, any visibility changes made on the project window will apply to the mixconsole, and vice versa. 5 Synchronizing Track and Channel Visibility
Update Visibility Configuration This command will “save”, and overwrite your currently selected visibility configuration. Disambiguation: Load a configuration, and then make some changes (e.g. Hide some channels). Notice the asterisk next to the number. This means the configuration has been changed from what it is. If you wish to save those changes to your configuration, give the command. Your configuration will now be updated to include the changes, and the asterisk will be gone. DO NOT FORGET WINDOWS FOCUS 7 Channel Visibility Configurations Menu
Visibility Configuration 1-8 For 1-4 Ctrl Alt 1-4 Instantly recalls the configuration with the corresponding number from 1 to 8. Did you forget window focus? 10

Tip:
If working with Sync Project & MixConsole, I find it better to make configurations “native” to the target window. For example, in the project window I wouldn’t waste a configuration that would show me just channels 1, 4, 6, 9 and Group 1, their destination. That’s because I could easily select Group 1 in the Mixconsole, then issue the command Show Channels connected to the First Selected Channel, and have the Project window mirror the visibility change since I have Sync Project & MixConsole active. Likewise, it would feel clumsy to me to make a visibility configuration in the MixConsonole for Tracks with Data between the Locators, since I would have far better visual feedback from the project window, and the MixConsole would mirror that visibility change regardless, since, again, I have Sync Project & Mixconsole active.