Will it support drag & drop for Battery etc?

JHP…WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE? is this too complicated a procedure for your programmers, after many years of requests, to figure out? why are we still discussing this after all this time? why is SB being so stubborn and hindering workflow with their inaction on this? if you know about this problem, why has NOTHING BEEN DONE ABOUT IT

Totally agree with this too.

Borgz are listing “Complete Drag & Drop support” as a C7 feature. So they’ve either fixed it or need to change the label to “Incomplete D & D support”

1995 called. they want their computing back.

Where exactly is that listed? I’ll stay doubtful until I see a proof of the working feature.

+1

direct drag n drop would be useful.

Just use the free VST-XML Translator. You can, for example, slice a loop and drag all the slices at once to the VST-XML Translator then drag those slices at once to Battery and it will map out each slice to its own pad. Same with Kontakt and other samplers.

Using the VST-XML Translator method when drag n dropping from Mediabay, the Pool, or the arrange page only requires ONE extra click than if you were drag n dropping directly! I mean c’mon guys is one extra click really slowing you down that much? Really?

Also, with all due respect, I totally disagree that “Cubase is not the best daw for electronic music these days”. There many reasons I could argue (as an electronic music producer myself) why Cubase is better than other DAWs for EDM (yes even Ableton). I don’t want to get too far off topic here, but I’ll just say one biggest reasons Cubase benefits me as an EDM producer is the Mediabay. All of us EDM producers have tons of samples, loops, synths presets, etc and Mediabay, with its abitlity to apply custom searchable tags, takes organization and access to that data to a whole other level that no other DAW can touch! I’ve pretty much gotten it to the point with all my custom tags where almost any sound I can come up with in my head I can just type in a few letters in Mediabay and its right there! As an electronic musician I can’t even imagine the nightmare my workflow would be without it…

Do you not think its an embarrassing shame on steinberg that such a basic funtion that all other daws can manage has to rely on workrounds and 3rd party apps ?

Hippo

Plus it requires all Mac users to buy a PC or start Windows via Bootcamp.

Every now and then I try Cubase. I want to like it. And I think the approach of Mediabay is fantastic. For me and many others it’s just too slow. Opening a folder in scanned objects or a preset list from within a plug-in – it takes several seconds for the whole list of entries to appear. As if it had to rescan the content every time. And the scanned folders/places I defined do not appear in alphabetical order in the pull down menu.

This item “VST-XML Translator” hasn’t been available for quite some time…!

+1

Fix it, Steinberg. Complete drag and drop support is a trademark of a good DAW, and is one of the 1st things anyone needs for good workflow, and isn’t this what cubase is all about? Workflow?

+1

Again, I don’t want get too far off topic here, but search in Mediabay is instantaneous for me. The second I hit ‘enter’ all the results show up. Every once in a while (maybe once a month?) Cubase does decide to do a massive rescan… I just restart Cubase and then search speed is back to normal.

Here it is for anyone who needs it
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eer59s

Has anyone demoed 7? A local vendor claimed it had full drag & drop, but I’m pretty sure Steinberg would be flaunting this as a feature, since it has been requested countless times. I have no problem with mediabay and like tagging samples, but when it’s incompatible with any VSTi I use and requires Groove agent one, which is the lackluster to say the least when it comes to working with samples… Macs are very popular in the audio production world, and you are going to get some weird looks if you tell them they just have to boot into windows and use a translator to drag a file from your library to a sampler. Drag & drop + proper window management, I would pay €1000 for that upgrade, because then I would be set for life in DAW needs.

+1 the VST-XML Translator may work for pc users, but this isn’t an option for mac users.
so where does this leave us in the equation? Is steinberg willing to offer this functionality in a .point upgrade at some point in c7 lifespan?

As far as what i can gather, the “full drag and drop support” is only mentioned when referring the the “mix console.”

They can’t really pass the buck onto N.I. seeing as all the other popular DAW’s mentioned support this feature easily. So obviously it is working from N.I end.

I would say it is more to do with the fact that it is not in Steinberg’s interest to help incorporate a direct competitors sampler into Cubase when they would rather you ditch Kontakt and Battery altogether and buy halion and groove agent off them.

I’d personally love them to stop being stubborn and just give this feature rather than sweep it under the carpet.

Cant really see it happening though.

I would give up Kontakt if there was some way to translate Kontakt Scripts for use with Halion.

If I could get the libraries for H4, I’d toss Kontakt in a ditch. I can’t stand the NI interface. I love the H4 interface.

Not to hijack the thread (as I hijack the thread)

What about Chicken Translator Pro 6? Do you happen to know if this actually translates to Halion 4? The only specific I see on their website about Halion is that it goes to Halion 2.

No clue, but I’d assume none of the “protected” content.