Will Steinberg ever update they GUI?

The Gui is fine. It has changed in every iteration except the last few confusing users.

1 Like

Yep, Wavelab’s UX with the new GUI is way worse than it was before. It’s one of the reasons why I practically stopped using it. SpectraLayers I know only from this tiny implementation in C11 and I don’t like it at all. For me, both are good examples where changing GUI for the sake of following ‘modern trends’ causes way worse UX.

2 Likes

The UI is soooo painfully dated :
• design elements for 1280X1024 res screens
• the stupid inspect where you can’t have multiple items open at once because it was diesgned for a low res screen. should be able to leave whatever open all the time if thats what you want. modern displays have the space and size.
• compare what logic cleanly puts on the screen ( or studio One ) vs ho Cu stuggles to show the same. Cu just isn’t a very clean or well laid out UI in comparison. Thats especially so in the mixer where Logic can show faders + fx easily while Cu requires a toogle, or you use a full 2nd screen for a dedicated mixer panel :frowning:
• The prefs and studio setup screens are from what decade ???
• fail to really adapt to hires screens in general.

if Cu wasn’t as generally reliable and very good at MIDI I would of stayed put with Logic but Logic is a nightmare for those things… so I deal with the dated UI instead.

S

I can’t write music anymore because my favourite button isn’t the exact shade of vermillion that I need to write a hit. Where’s the shotgun?

If what the interface looks like is such a problem open up a decorating business and go to town. If you are selling your gear cheap, gives a shout.