Hi fellow Doricans,
I am having problems installing / re-installing Dorico Pro 2.1.10 in Windows 10.
I tried to install the update over Dorico Pro 2 but it kept saying: “Steinberg Dorico 2 not installed.”, even though it was and I could run it.
After searching the forum, I saw a post recommending a full de-install / re-install which I did, however it didn’t work.
This is what happens:
- I run “Dorico_2.1.10_Installer_win.exe”
- some extracting takes place
- the “Setup” program pops-up
- there is a brief message “please wait while the installation program is initializing”
- the Setup program crashes and disappears from the screen *
- When doing the above with the Windows Task manager running, the “Setup” programs shows as “not responding” then “suspended” before it crashes.
I have downloaded the latest installer via the “Steinberg Download Assistant” application.
I have tried to run the installer as Admin.
No other programs are running.
I have disabled my Anti-virus program just in case.
I have also updated to the latest “eLicenser Control Center”.
My USB dongle shows “Dorico Pro 2” as installed.
My version of Win 10 is up to date.
I have plenty of spare disk space.
I have re-booted my machine several times after each update/attempt to install.
Any thoughts or suggestions?