Win8Pro and Cubase 6 & 6.5 Installation Problems

I purchased a new laptop (specs below) in anticipation of Cubase 7 (we are a two generation Cubase family - love Cubase!) but ran into problems with Win8Pro and Cubase 6.5(x64) Upgrade, and/or Cubase 6(x64), and Halion Sonic and Halion 4. The following error messages occur after installation (several times) including all applicable update files. Has anyone run into compatibility problems with Win8 like these listed below. Exact same setup works beautifully on my old Dell Duo Core Latitude Laptop running Win7Pro, but so far no compatibility with Win8. We have to use win-pro because we are on a domain network.

Error Message 1)
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase \Cubase6.exe
R6025 - pure virtual function call

Error Message 2) Halion Sonic
Some audio files are missing. Please check installation.
(and they are correct, no Halion Piano, Guitar, etc. some instruments, but uninstall and re-install does not help)

Cubase 6.5 occasionally starts up without freezing, but opening any project file, even Steinberg templates, results in Cubase freezing and I have to resort to Windows Task Manager to close things down, or Windows automatically closes the program.

Cubase experience: Intense user since Cubase3

Mobile System: Toshiba Satellite Laptop, i7 processor, Cl1 Steinberg Audio Interface (works fine with Win8), 750GB HD, 16GB RAM.

In case anyone checks in on this post, I never could get Cubase 6.5 and Halion Sonic to work on Win8Pro. So I had to do a complete uninstall of all Steinberg products, including manually deleting all Steinberg data in user accounts, then I installed a clean version of Cubase7 upgrade (the upgrade CD looks for license relevance, not pre-installed software - which is good), and then the CB7 update. . . . . then, verified it worked fine, then installed Halion Sonic, Halion 4, Groove Agent3, Grand3, etc. So far all works beautifully, which means I’m back to work, which is nice.