Windows 10 1607 Anniversary Updated

Yes, I also had to register my XLN audio software again, but Elicenser and Ilok software are fine.

Some software protection mechanisms will think they are on another computer after an upgrade from Windows 7/8 to 10, but the upgrade from W10 1511 to W10 1607 shouldn’t cause any problems.

Sorry? Really. Sorry for what? “Confirms” Confirms what?

Everyone in this thread states facts based on their actual experience. Perhaps you should reread from the top. If you have no experience on the subject then spare the rest of us from your utterances related to your personal agenda. I’ll throw in a “please” for the sport of it.

Hi WillB. I think you are really, really confused.

All I said was , that I dislike Windows 10 and Apple OS and this thread once again confirms it (my opinion).
Forced updates, that even change settings and drivers (or even destroy partitions as in some cases) are an IMPUDENCE.

That is all. Bye.

I also had to reauthorize all my xln audio stuff but also spectrasonics as well
No problems in either case
Hippo

I have updated my travel system: Cubase (AI8) seems to run about as well as before, all Soniccharge plugins needed a re-authorise, otherwise it’s business as usual, inc. (soft) iLok. Otoh, my irrational self is holding back the update on the production system, I think I’ll wait a bit more for that one.

r,
j,

Had to reauthorize Spectrasonics here too, otherwise all’s good…

How are you “waiting a bit more”? I’ve read it is automatically pushed, even if you have the deferred option chosen in W10 Pro??

Or is that too paranoid even for Microsoft and W10? LOL

Been a long time since I have had a Cubase issue. Love this daw

I keep my main studio pc OFFLINE… No forced updates then :wink:

I have two test computers for both Windows and plugin/software updates…

PS. Are the Anniverary update being forced?

It is a gift from Microsoft!

:laughing:

I manually started the update on the smaller system, while the studio machine hasn’t got it yet. So “wait” in practice means “let’s kickstart the update on the non-critical system, to be prepared for any problems that may arise when the update is rolled out (read: pushed) over here” :slight_smile:

Thankfully it looks like it’ll go pretty smoothly.

Cheers,
j,

It will eventually be pushed unless you disconnect from the internet. Rather than having the update process start at an unsuitable time, another alternative is to “fall on the sword” and manually do the update:
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 using ISO File

On my laptop I downloaded the Windows10Upgrade28084.exe from MS, that downloaded the update and installed, very easy.
My DAW computer did update on it’s own.
Everything is running fine, no need for a complete system wipe.

He he… that’s nice :wink:

PS. I have installed it on one of my test computers (laptop). No problems so far (but did a maintenance run on the e-Licenser)…

Well I’m feeling pleased with myself that for once in my life I resisted the impulse to upgrade. The result? A system that is working very well and I have not lost any time troubleshooting. Result! However, will I be able to resist the next hurdle - Cubase 9?

[quote=“silhouette”]Well I’m feeling pleased with myself that for once in my life I resisted the impulse to upgrade. The result? A system that is working very well and I have not lost any time troubleshooting. Result!

I am happy you are happy!

I am feeling pleased with myself too. I couldn’t resist the impulse to upgrade so I did. The result? Three systems that are working very well and I have not lost any time troubleshooting.
Couldn’t resist writing this either. Those impulses!

Two systems updated, no problems with either Cubase or WaveLab so far, but still somehow apprehensive. I have experienced no issues with using the programs and I haven’t noticed any performance drop, but there is a strange “DDE” error I have on one machine when logging out of Windows … there’s also an RME driver update so it’s still a bit hard to pin things down … the bottom line is (as always), if you value stability over features, don’t upgrade, but also don’t have your machine connected to the internet - and if you do, don’t complain!

gpedit.msc enables you to disable updates, just like in Win7. I think…

… I think you think wrong but I am happy to be corrected.