Windows 10 1803 Spring April update issues/solutions

After updating to 1803, the mediabay of my cubase 9.5.30 is empty!
Old projects work fine, but I can’t change any sound.

What I’ve tried:

Win10-1709 → Cubase 9.5.30 → everything ok
Win10-1803 → Cubase 9.5.30 → mediabay empty
Win10-1803 → Cubase 8.0 → mediabay empty

Can anyone confirm this?

I found out, this happens, wenn the documents-path is changed e.g. to "\my_server\my_documents".
Bevor 1803 this was no problem … :blush:

Sounds like you haven’t actually unzipped the files. Do that first, then run the setup.

I’m getting “No valid licence found” when trying to open Cubase 9. I’ve reinstalled eLicencer and Yamaha UR22mk2 driver, restarted pc but still getting same problem with no licence found. Any ideas what else I can do?

Problem solved. Unplug USB-eLicenser, restart PC, uninstall eLicenser Control Center, restart PC, re-connect USB-eLicenser, wait for driver to be installed, start eLicencer Control Center, apply Maintenance & Online Synchronisation. All working fine now.

After the 1803 update, my system has returned to the periodic ASIO meter fluctuations into overload and then back to normal. There is “something” in Windows causing the drastic overload, but, it’s impossible to trace.

I’ve tried installing the latest RME & Nvidia drivers as well as going through the various Device Manager settings to try and see if something has been changed, but, no luck.

To me, this 1803 update seems very much like Windows 10 before the Creator’s Update.

Have you tried uninstalling the Nvidia and its drivers, and just using the 6700’s (Intel) graphics?

I’ll give it a go. Thanks !

im having cpu issues too ive had them sice the 1803 update a few months ago…i did the syncrosoft dongle matinemce trick and that worked ok but im still getting cpu spikes at random times can anyone help?

I saw this on a older post and tried it and its helped deactivating the cpu security update has released a lot of cpu power.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104025-turn-off-core-isolation-memory-integrity-windows-10-a.html

Un-installing then Re-installing Cubase Pro 10 AFTER the update seemed to fix long hang times when loading existing sessions. When i moved my sessions to my Boot drive which is an SSD, it worked a LOT better. I think there is more to it tho, my 7200 rpm drive worked great before each update attempt, and the drive is not that old. will report back when i dive in for a fourth time this week.

I also have troubles with Win10x64 version 1803. The black window appears when I start cubase and nothing happens.

Hi!

I dont have anything called “Tools” to uninstall in “Apps & Functions” of the latest Windows 10. I did uninstall the “Yamaha driver” though, but are the also other apps to uninstall Before re-installing the Steinbergs “Tools” and “Drivers” for the UR824? See Picture!!!

Is that enough to uninstall and re-install that?

Regards from, Robin Gardner

errror.jpg
I have these exact symptoms after reverting from March 14, 2020 updates. It was causing my hard drives to be constantly be busy. Unfortunately, I have a UR22 Mk II so I have no ‘Tools’ to uninstall and trying to uninstall, or re-install the Yamaha gives me an error.

I have uninstalled and re-installed yet it shows the same error and I think there is some problem with UR28M dspMixFx.
Anyone facing similar issue?