Windows 10 announced!

Is there any official word from Steinberg about the Cubase software compatibility with the Windows 10 release scheduled for July 29, 2015? Sorry if I missed a statement about it. Thanks.

Regards. :sunglasses:

+1

Today I received the invite for the windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10! Upgrade or no?

On my main DAW = NO

On a test computer = YES

PS. On July 29th :wink:

Same here…had enough hassle with the CP8 upgrade…so once bitten, twice shy… :sunglasses:

+1

Microsoft is rolling out Wndows 10 and provide free upgrade for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1.
Please advise if Cubase 8 tested and certified to work on Windows 10?

[MOD EDIT: Post merged to existing discussion]

YES! Upgrade to Windows 10!

You have got a new “Windows logo” app in your taskbar. With help of the new “Windows 10”-upgrade program you can already now check compatibility issues with your specific setup. If your computer run Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 already it will probably work with Windows 10 with no issues.

\

• Windows 10 are the best things taken from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 included in a new system. Windows 10 have some new nice features too.

• Windows 10 multimedia performance are the best so far. So Cubase and all other programs will work even better then on your setup you run now.

Yea, me too. that’s what prompted me to ask this question. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Hello,

would you please continue the discussion here?

To reply your question, the compatibility with any OS is announced after testing the release version, as you never know what might change between an RTM and a Release version.

Not officially, Windows 10 looks like a very, very promising version and Cubase Pro 8 works fine from what I’ve seen.

Best,

[EDIT: I merged the two threads instead of locking the one in the Presales, so that all messages are available.]

I don’t know…

The “driver” for my 7 year old PreSonus Firebox audio interface says it is only certified for up to Windows 7. I worry about that. So it may be time for a new AI to. Too bad really because the Firebox works perfectly for my needs. But I suppose I would like to have the latest OS too. Decisions :wink:

[Edit] Whoops - was answered by mod a few posts up, sorry![/Edit]

Well no official Windows 10 release, no official support. I guess…

[Edit]Already answered, sorry …[/Edit]

Understood. Thank you Fabio

No, but its just pre downloading the 3Gb install files. Then the 29. Its up to you how you how you want to proceed.

I wish you would stick to facts, not assumptions.

Everything that I’ve read from Microsoft states that you can do a clean install AFTER you’ve done the upgrade.

If you know something different, state your source, the link you show doesn’t state that.

You should read again.

My source is Gabriel Aul @ Microsoft,, General Manager OSG Data and Fundamentals team- “the head of the Windows” -Insider program at Microsoft.

If you have a Windows 7 or 8 PC on July 29th, you will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. This free license will only be offered for one year. The good news is that the license Microsoft is providing will allow you to clean install Windows 10 on the same device at any time.
Gabe said:
Once you upgrade W10 w/ the free upgrade offer you will able to clean reinstall Windows 10 on same device any time.

So as soon as you have got the new Windows 10 license key you will be able to install Windows 10 directly, no need of going thru Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 first.

That is ambiguous, which is to say “clear as mud”. My reading of what Gabe wrote is that the upgrade from W7/8 to W10 must occur first, then a clean “reinstall” can occur subsequently.

What is the nature of said license? We won’t have a windows install DVD, a certificate/serial number. When we go to do the clean reinstall, how will the licensing be handled/verified? This is especially obscure since the license is supposedly device specific, which would hint at something on the hard drive, but on a clean re-install (with a fresh formatting) I don’t see how this would work.

After reading a little more about a license KEY, I assume the upgrade process will give us a key code/number to write down.

Still weird though. I used to format, then insert the DVd and start. Maybe it will allow creation of a boot/recovery disc that can get the installation process started?