Windows 10 BitLocker & Cubase 8.5

Hi,

Has anyone who is using Windows 10 and Cubase 8/8.5 tried turning on Windows 10 drive encryption (BitLocker)? If so, did you experience any issues or latency when recording or during playing back?

Thank you,
Mike

I would imagine encrypting audio files, if that’s what you’re alluding to, and then playing them back/recording and encrypting simultaneously, is probably not a good idea owing to the extra latency i would imagine is introduced by the constant en/decrypting… i’m not an expert by any means and could be way off here… why not give it a go and let us know how it goes? the results could be amusing :wink:

Do not try this, your CPU is involved in encrypting and decrypting, and disk IO is slightly slow downed. Bad idea!
My business laptop is encrypted with bitlocker and it works good but when doing big queries on databases it fails miserably what performance concerns.

Unless you have a dedicated TPM chip module, which can be bought and installed separately later. I have 2 such TPM modules for both my desktop pcs connected, however I have not tried it yet on my record drive.

Hi, forgotten about the TPM chip, yes it offloads the en- and decrypting. Not all laptops have this chip, it’s more common on series specially for the business market.