Windows 10 Compatibility

Can anyone tell me if Cubase 8.5 is fully compatible with Windows 10 x64?
I have the option to upgrade in Windows 8.1 and I am unsure if i should or not…

Chris

Hello,

You can find the answer to your question in the following knowledge base article: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360007633160-Windows-10-product-compatibility

Best regards,
GN

I use Cubase Pro 8.5 with Windows Pro 10 x64 with no problems.

No problem over here, I use windows 10 (64 bit) on 3 computers with Cubase for a while now since windows 10 became available.
See my signature for the used 3rd party software and hardware which also runs fine under win10.

Hey pumafred, good to know, I have also UCX and P1 panorama.
Did you find any plugins particularly not happy with Win 10, or anything else in Cubase 8.5 that is annyoing or not working properly?

I would like to use many VST instruments (Kontakt, Play, Omni), Chord tracks/pads, lots of MIDI editing

THank you!

I have no problem under Windows 10. Also Panorama P1/plugins are working fine.

Hi guys, upgraded Win 8.1 to 10 yesterday and so far no issues - the only was that I had to run eLicenser as admin, but that can be change in the Properties in the application so it will always run like admin. Other than that, so far so good

Hi guys, one issue after upgrading to Windows 10 - my Omnisphere license somewhat disappeared, so I had to authorize it again - however, when I take the challenge code and go to my account online and put serial number, it will say the product is already registered, although there is no Omnisphere listed in my account. I can’t really proceed from that point.

I contacted Spectrasonics support, did you guys have similar problem?

It was not Windows 10’s fault, but mine - I forgot I have 2 Spectrasonics accounts, so the license was under my other account - everything is fine here ! :slight_smile:

Windows 10 is really nice btw, so far everything is working

Ok, good to hear you got things sorted out, you’re on track!!!

Upgraded two pc’s … one from win 7 and one from win 8, both to win 10…
No problems so far with Cubase 7.5 or 8.5… both running with all libraries in Kontakt and all other plugs registered… even my Arturia vintage collection and Sylenth vst synth work fine (there were some reports about the licence of both etc) :smiley:

Smooth turnover! :smiley:

M.

Now we just need the DAW makers to use the new MIDI API in Windows 10, for better timing, multiclient, and bluetooth over MIDI support.

True dat.

But since basic MIDI spec hasn’t been updated in,… oh… THIRTY FREAKIN’ YEARS? Not holding me breath.

They obviously would have to make Cubase aware of what OS its running on and choose the correct API.
The multiclient and Bluetooth part does not require additional coding as it is part of Win10. But I could imagine a support nightmare when a central part of the daw acts differently depending on what Windows version it is running on. Yep nobody better hold their breath.
It’s just a shame that progress is hold back by a now obsolete but widely used OS’s like win7 and 8.
Not that I don’t understand it, if I made a living using Cubase I wouldn’t be eager to update my OS

To be honest I am a little reticent about upgrading from Windows 8.1. I can’t really see any real advantage.

The big drawback as far as I am concerned is that to upgrade on line would take me forever as I have a download speed max of 120kps and I don’t like keeping my computer online for that length of time.

Plus I always worry about over-installing an operating system. Re-installing from scratch would take me an age away from making music! Most importantly my system is currently working well so why would I risk the uncertainty?