Windows 10 Optimations

When Cubase startup, i suggest that cubase 9 should enable more Optimation Buttons for this new Windows.

Example: Coming Annyversary Update next month, it is no more possible in windows 10 preferences to disable the cortana speaker :frowning: . I suggest inside cubase 9 a button to deselect cortana by startup and (if user want this) activate cortana when cubase closed or program in background (like the cubase disable/enable audio feature ).

link about cortana ā€œyou-will-use itā€ annyversary feature

remark: if you want disable cortana within windows registry, then you must restart windows after edit registry editor. But is there a way to disable it temporary only -please give such feature inside cubase preferences.

I think windows 10 audio-optimations must coming to future cubase 9 preferences. If not, i will never update my windows 8.1 to windows 10.

How does the cortana conflict with cubase? I do not know what cortana isā€¦

cortana is the digital (speaking) windows assistant ( Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Enterprise).

http://www.businessinsider.de/microsoft-disable-cortana-in-windows-10-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

ā€œSo itā€™s disappointing, but not surprising, that Microsoft is removing the ability to turn off Cortana once the Windows 10 Anniversary Update drops on August 2nd, as first reported by PC Worldā€™s Ian Paul.ā€

cortana is using sound- an network ressources ( activated it will use eyerytime 5%- 10% of sound engine- ressources of a midrange computer)

Cortana does not use ASIO, I fail to see the point.

on my windows 10 (Redstone version) cortana is using 1-10% CPU Time (webcam microfone activated), and reported by latency checker measured different cpu-latency (on network driver) like Search Assistant ā€œok googleā€ service for chrome browser. (Cortana works especially if they can hear something )

More Information fixing different CPU/Memory usage on windows 10
(see point 7 ( This option is no longer possible after the update next month))

What I understood from the article is that you can still turn off the functionality of Cortana ā€˜listeningā€™ through the microphone. Isnā€™t that the problem?

@ Steve, if you turn off cortana -then you have complete droped this feature like windows internet search. It is not possible to activate Cortana without full reboot of Windows.
Remarks, i want use Cubase on my computer AND using Cortana Features also.
Cubase is not the only program that I want to use , and probably there are more people like me

In my opinion it is Cortanaā€™s manufacturer who should supply the on-off switch, since it is they who created this problem.

Itā€™s outside the scope of Cubase to provide such specific controls over other programs.

I wpuld request that the Cubase developers not devote any resources to such a thing.

Thatā€™s my 2 cents.

(Iā€™m biased, i have had it turned off since installing Windows 10.)

@steve

ā€œYou canā€™t turn off Cortana in the coming Windows 10 Anniversary Updateā€ :laughing:

They tell you how to turn off the voice recognition portion in that same article.

Iā€™ll leave it off after the update also.

Iā€™m curious how many users will abandon the Windows search . We will know by the end of month . :astonished:

PS:
if you want to waive any disturbing features of Windows 10:

http://www.askvg.com/guide-how-to-remove-all-built-in-apps-in-windows-10/

but that is not what is going to do the majority , I think . :unamused: