Windows 10 Pro just upgraded to 1809 - one issue so far

After Microsoft updated my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit installation from version 1803 to 1809 when I ran Cubase 10 I had a message pop up saying “the soft-eLicenser stored on this computer seems to be altered in an unrecoverable way. Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.”

I ran the eLicenser maintenance tasks but that did not solve it.

What solved it for me was I had to mark the eLicenser to “Run as Administrator”, so I am guessing the windows update reset that. Hopefully it did not do that for everything, but we’ll see. FYI I am the administrator on this machine and no one else uses it.

FYI - one more thing. After the update I had to disconnect and reconnect my USB MIDI keyboard and external CC controller to have them re-recognized by the system.

FYI one more thing - the update to 1809 reset my Power Management settings for some of my USB connections/hubs. I was getting very long load and close times with Cubase 10 until I set those Power Management settings back to the way they were (uncheck “let windows manage power settings”).

Running eLCC as admin after a windows update is almost always needed. Same with USB midi keyboards needing to be reinstalled.

I just upgraded to 1809 and I had to run eLCC as administrator. This is rather standard procedure when upgrading Cubase or a major update to Windows.