Windows 10 update causes cubase to freeze when clicking any buttons!

Hi Guys,

Ever since the latest windows 10 update (May 1909) I am finding when I load up one of my bigger sessions that when I click on the quantize drop down buttons along with most of the other buttons like file or edit Cubase freezes and I have to close with task manager. It is weird as I can still use ctr + s to save and I can scroll through 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc for my quantizing but as soon as I click a button it freezes. I was having some elicenser errors and along with a clean install of Windows, Cubase and the elicenser there has been no change to the problem even though the error messages seem to stop appearing now. After my clean windows install there was no soft elicenser so I installed that with the helper and have also tried running as admin. I am not sure if it is still an elicenser problem, but would be grateful for any of your ideas!

Hi,

To me it sounds like there is some window (somewhere), you don’t see and you cannot operate over it, but you can Save. Could you show or Cubase windows from the system? What graphic card do you use, please?

Hi,

There is definitely no other window open it isn’t that kind of freezing it is allowing me to click quantize and open the options but then it freezes and will not let me select a value. I am using an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, it hasn’t been a problem before and it is up to date.

Thanks for your response

Hi,

Maybe the graphic card driver has been updated with Windows? Or not updated, but it should be…? I would try to update the graphic card driver. If this wouldn’t help, I would try to use native Microsoft Windows graphic card driver instead of the dedicated one.

Have updated everything now but sadly no difference. I am wondering if it is something to do with elicenser.

Hi,

Have you tried to use the generic Windows graphic card driver then, please?

Hi,

Would you mind explaining how I would go about this?

Hi,

I’m sorry, I’m not Windows guy at all. Maybe just to uninstall the dedicated driver? I would expect Windows would use the native one then.

Could be a graphics issue like suggested. I had no end of issues with cubase using native win10 gfx. Since I got a half decent graphics card cubase hasnt crashed since.