Windows 7 - Wavelab freezing on open

I cannot get Wavelab to open, as of yesterday. It hangs, looking like it’s opening a file from yesterday, but it never opens. Rebooting doesn’t do it.

Is there a way I can stop Wavelab from trying to open this file, if that’s what’s causing the problem?

I’m running the latest version of Wavelab 7.2.1 on a Windows 7 machine.

Figured it out!!

Good for you! Was the solution something another user could learn from, perhaps? Since we have the topic now, after all…

I had purchased 257 (!) crappy sound effects from Itunes, and had used a batch process in Wavelab to convert them from m4a to .wav files.

So, at one point yesterday I had 257 m4a files open in Wavelab. I closed Wavelab without closing all those windows. Not too smart - when I reopened Wavelab, it froze.

I went into users/(myname)/AppData/Local/Steinberg/Wavelab7/cache and deleted what was there, and Wavelab unfroze and reopened, one by one, all those m4a files.

Is this a solution? Maybe - except I’m not quite sure what the problem was to begin with! In any case, I was careful to close all those windows before quitting Wavelab this time around!

Sounds like a lot of files, but maybe there are more users that have so many open. Maybe PG knows why WL wouldn’t reopen with 257 files…

On another note; for WL batch processing, you don’t need to open any file.

I haven’t done a lot in the way of batch processing, and couldn’t immediately figure out how to get the files into the batch process pane without first opening them in Wavelab.

In the past, when I’ve had to convert files from one type to another, I’ve put them into a montage and rendered them. I figured I’d use the batch for all these, though.

Just drag and drop audio files in the batch window.

Thanks, Philippe!