Windows Creators Update Ate My Cubase License!

I just installed the Windows 10 Creators Update (please don’t ask why I waited so long) and when I launched Cubase, I received an error that my license was invalid or some such thing. When I ran the eLicenser, it failed on Step 6 of Maintenance and when I finally got it to work (running as Administrator), my Cubase license was gone. [Wavelab 9 is still there.] I’ve tried to re-activate Cubase 9 Pro (upgrade) and Cubase 8.5 Pro (non-upgrade) but both failed.

I don’t recall all the error messages, but what I’m getting now is, “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.”

Where do I go from here?

Have you updated eLCC to the latest version? Also, try running as an Administrator.

Well, that’s weird. I powered down my machine right after posting. When I powered up this morning, everything was back to normal. [?!?!] I could’ve sworn I restarted a few times yesterday too, but it’s foggy now.

To clarify the problem, I forgot that I have two USB eLicensers - never bothered to combine my Wavelab and Cubase licenses onto one USB key. So, one of my USB eLicensers vanished altogether, albeit temporarily, after the Windows 10 Creators update. Why one would disappear while the other didn’t shall remain a mystery. I’m just happy to be back online.

Updated my eLC anyways. Thank you for the recommendation.

I have experienced some weirdness with the eLicenser, unplugging it and plugging it into a different usb socket usually takes care of that, if none of the other methods help. ( updating eLicenser software, and running a maintenance as Admin).
I do get the occasional license missing error on Cubase startup, mostly after a Windows update, but that usually only happens once, second time loading Cubase goes without a hitch.

Good to know. Thank you.