Windows: Cubase Window Handling - Why Doesn't It Work Like Every Other Application?

Thanks for making me feel old. Our first PC was an Apple II. That was my sister’s. I was using 16mhz 386 PCs at school, and my first Windows PC was a 486 SX 25mhz, that you could buy the separate math processor to upgrade to 50mhz. Ran Windows 3.1.

Oh I remember the old days with Z80 processors, using CP/M OS.
I used a Amiga for midi, can’t remember the sequencer.
A lot has happened since, although I’m still waiting for the flying cars and Human like robots.
We where promised whose around year 2000, still wanting and waiting.

Oh God, you might be on to something, I report to the mighty Android.
:-/

Can anyone chime in and tell if the fixed floating title bar still present in 10.5?

Oh…it’s still there. :laughing:

:unamused:

O dear.
Cheers for chiming in.

That fixed top menu bar SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. Almost as much as the SKINNY SCROLL BARS.

Hi,

thanks very much for the detailed answer and sorry I didn’t answer sooner, but now I start to work on this stuff as I bought an new controller.
I have one question though:
In your example it says “#IfWinExist, MixConsole”
What happens if there no mixconsole open ?
I just want that - no matter what window or program or desktop is in focus - each keystroke gets through to the cubase project window as long as the script is active…

Wow, just came back to Cubase (looking forward to tight Dorico integration in the future) and what a pain it is to resize the primary window to fit just beneath this weird floating titlebar. I really wish I could use the normal window functions to maximize, etc. Maybe this can be an option for people to toggle?

Is there no way to have the “sub” windows snap to specific layouts inside the “desktop” window?

Nevermind, found it: “Workspaces”

This is not so bad, but still unfortunate that I lose space to too many titlebars. Thanks for making it easy to remember and switch to different configurations!