windows disappearing

trying out Elements 8
I have the tracks window maximized
I then open other superimposed windows such as mix console and markers
but when I click in the tracks window again, the others disappear instead of staying on top
(this was NOT the case in Elements 7)
how can I make them stay?

Sorry… CB 8 works like that. If you search the forum there are many requests to restore the CB 7 functionality. You will also see that many like this behavior. For sure… “Weird wild stuff”. :wink:

Regardless… if you are using one monitor and want to be able to see all windows, you will have to manually size each window so that it does not overlap the others. Then save that as a workspace or a new template. Even then, it does not always work as intended. Most of these issues have been submitted as bugs (issues) or feature requests.

Such as this one…

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks for info and thread. I wasn’t aware of this, not having followed the CB8 Forum (only just now downloaded the demo to see if it was worth upgrading from CB7). Seems like a really bad (and quite useless) idea to’ve eliminated this feature, and apparently they have not brought it back, despite all the requests. This definitely kills any CB8 upgrade for me.

I understand why you want to stay with CB7 but don’t give up on CB8 until you try all the new features. I don’t like some of the things Steinberg did with the CB8 GUI but, for me, I dig the features in CB8 over 7. So I am sticking with CB8 keeping fingers crossed that they will bring back some of the requested GUI fixes.

Regards :sunglasses:

Using Cubase only for composing in MIDI and for playback (from imported Finale files), never for audio recording, etc.
I don’t see any great new features there, so I’ll wait and see …
My main reason for upgrading would be to stay current and to eventually benefit from some introductory up-/cross-grade offer when the new Cubase notation program is released, which I’d love to have if it is then also integrated with Cubase playback. Long way in the future, though, it seems …

Just curious … have there been any updates on Elements 8? What is the most current version and does it still have this problem of disappearing windows? or has this been fixed?

The latest is version 8.0.40. Check out the version history for what has been fixed. Not much has changed in relation to the original concern of this thread. But… many users have become accustomed to the GUI mannerisms. I have adapted too but I still wish they would bring back the AOT mixconsole option.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Not much has changed in relation to the original concern of this thread. But… many users have become accustomed to the GUI mannerisms. I have adapted

Thanks for info. Did check it out and upgraded. Indeed not much new, getting used to it. VSTBridge doesn’t work too well with sfz VST2 instruments, kept crashing everything, had to get jBridge, which seems to work just fine.