I’m very happy with how things are going with Dorico, but I wanted to add a couple of things to the wish list for the next update:
- Pedal asterisk so I don’t have to have a Ped symbol followed by multiple pages of lines with pedal retakes
- Automatic adjustment of markings between the staves so they don’t interfere with cross staff beaming
- Extend the line following the Ped marking into a bar with no notes.
- The ability to start a hairpin under a tied note. Currently you have to create the hairpin, then go back and tie the notes together.
- Measure numbers above each instrument grouping in the Write section. It’s currently hard to follow where you are as the numbers are only at the top of the piece.
- The ability to remove a tie without deleting the notes attached to it. If you accidentally tie multiple notes together, choosing one to delete will select all the notes and ties.
- The ability to start a gliss or portamento from a tied note. Currently it gets automatically connected to the first note of the tied group.
- Pedal indicators
- Hanging ties so that the notes will resonate without having to write longer note durations to get this effect (also applicable to Glockenspiel and Vibraphone).
If I think of others, I’ll add them to this post.
Thanks for listening to us.