WL 10.0.30 crash BIG TIME

Wavelab 10.0.30 freezes and I have to push CTRL-SHIFT and ESC to turn off WL. Then I have to reboot my machine. No problems with WL 9.5.5 Thanks!

I too am mainly on 9.5.5 but I have not encountered this in 10 on Windows. I save a master preset every session (for editing before moving the file to a montage). I just tried now with two random plugins … changed their settings … and they ‘saved’ fine? Mysterious indeed.

So I am afraid I cannot help on this occasion.

Wavelab 10.0.30 freezes and I have to push CTRL-SHIFT and ESC to turn off WL. Then I have to reboot my machine. No problems with WL 9.5.5 Thanks!

1. Does it happen immediately after calling the function (before the save dialog happens), or not?

2. Does it happen for VST2 or/and VST3 plugins?

3. Does it happens for Master Section plugins or/and Montage plugins?

(so far, I could not reproduce).

I checked to see if the folders were setup the same in WL 9.5.5 and WL 10.0.30 and they appear to be. Both are marked “read only” in the attributes section. I have full administrator control over both programs. I can recall any presets in either folder (9.5.5 and 10.0.30) I just cannot save in WL 10.0.30. FWIW

Thanks for the help so far.

Maybe the save dialog opens and is hidden between the main window. In this case, the application appears freezed while it is not.
This should not happen in normal conditions. But you should verify this. For instance with “Alt + Tab”

I have full administrator control over both program

I don’t recommend that, because in this mode, some possibly useful messages are not displayed by Windows.
In your case, there is something unusual, hence you must put the chances on your side.

Both are marked “read only” in the attributes section

I don’t think this is possible, else you would not be able to save even in 9.5.5
If the check box has a black box in the middle, this is a stupid way of Windows to say “I don’t know”, in this context.
Only if you really have a check mark, the folder is read-only.

When I push ALT + TAB I get a small window in the middle of my screen that is a smaller version of my computer screen with some info about the file at the top. I would post a copy of it but it is only up when I push ALT + TAB so I cannot capture it with print screen.

You are correct it is a black box in the middle of the check box and NOT a check mark.

FWIW WL 9.5.5 still works perfectly.

Also normally if I choose a preset the next time I open WL that preset is in the preset window but now it always goes back to “untitled”. Should I reinstall WL? This started when I upgraded to WL 10.0.30. Thanks for all the help.

Also normally if I choose a preset the next time I open WL that preset is in the preset window but now it always goes back to “untitled”.

That could be a sign that WaveLab can’t access the presets in the folder. However, you told me you can still load presets, right?

Should I reinstall WL?

Not sure it can help.However, you could remove the preference for a while, to see if that makes a difference.

There must be something “special” on your installation. What is your screen setup? Do you have system utilities that are always active?

Yes I can access/load any of the plugins just not save new ones.

Nothing unusual running in the background.

I did check and you were correct and the “save” box was on a monitor we normally don’t use for WL. I never put it on that monitor so I do not know how it happened. When I attempt to drag the “save” window back to the main screen it will come back but when I close WL it will revert to the other monitor and not to the main monitor WL is running on. I have a preset that is called ALL OFF that I usually keep in the preset window but now it keeps reverting to “untitled”. I do not have these problems with WL 9.5.5. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

I hope you and yours are well and staying healthy during this pandemic.

You say:

When I attempt to drag the “save” window back to the main screen

But you said earlier:

As soon as I put the cursor on “save as” and push the left mouse button WL locks up. Before the dialog comes up

Therefore I don’t get it: do you see the Save Preset Dialog or not?
2020-05-08_22-17-33.png

I hope you and yours are well and staying healthy during this pandemic.

Thanks. No problem on my side.

Glad to hear you and yours are well.

I see the SAVE PRESET DIALOG but it is on a monitor I don’t normally use for WL. When I attempt to pull it on to the WL window it works BUT the next time I go and try to SAVE it is back on my other monitor I don’t use for WL. (which is normally turned off). I did a lot of 'Googling" on the subject and could not find a solution. Suggestions???

How many screens? What are their pixel sizes? And take a screen shot of your Windows config, such as:

A trick that I usually have success with, is disconnect all windows but the main one (assuming that’s where you want the dialog to appear on) start up WL in this case and then after reconnecting other screens the dialog should appear at that screen again.

So I did as you suggested. The “save” box came back on my main monitor. However I have not reconnected the “other” monitor. Thanks for the helpful reply!

Be safe and STAY HEALTHY!