WL 7 Runtime Error - Master Section Plugins

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I installed WL 7 from the download site. When I attempt to insert any effect in the master section, I get the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: F:\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Program\WaveLab 7.exe
abnormal program termination

I tried installing the WL 7.01 patch, but the issue didn’t change. I uninstalled and reinstalled WL 7 completely, with no change. I installed the latest version of the e-licenser software (v6.1.4.1048) with no change.

My system specs in my signature…

What update / service pack status of Windows XP?

Luck, Arjan

What update / service pack status of Windows XP?

Service Pack 3.

Maybe my initial download of the source code was bad?

Thanks,

Though WaveLab normally does not need it, try download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package:

Hi Phillippe,

Thanks for the reply! (And Happy New Year 2011)

I did as you suggested and installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. It didn’t appear to make a difference.

I’m wondering if I either 1) have a software compatibility issue or 2) had some kind of issue when I downloaded the WL 7 installation package (original 7.0 version).

I did try booting without any non-Microsoft services loading, to see if that might be a fix, but the issue persisted. Not sure what to do from here…

Thanks,

Install 7.01 in any case.

Hi Phillippe,

Yes. I did that and still get the error. I must have some kind of SW conflict or something. I’ve run Norton AV and can’t find any viruses. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times with no change. Is there any known SW conflict list? I can check it to see if I’ve got something here causing it.

Maybe it’s how I installed the program initially (not in the default folder)? I’m willing to try anything to resolve the issue (want to be able to use / hear the new VST3 plugins)…

Thanks,

When you say: “attempt to insert any effect”, do you mean also old VST 2 plugins?
Also, is it the same think when inserting a plugin in a Montage clip?
Can you try to disable the AV momentarily?

There is no known conflict application.

When you say: “attempt to insert any effect”, do you mean also old VST 2 plugins?

Yes, the issue is the same with any plugin selected from the list in the Effects section of the Master Section.

Also, is it the same think when inserting a plugin in a Montage clip?

Yes, I tried setting up a new Audio Montage. I selected a legacy effect and got the same issue.

Can you try to disable the AV momentarily?

I changed the audio device to Windows MME to see if that made any difference. It didn’t. So then I pulled out the PCI-424 card to see if that helped. WL 7 went through a plugin check, then the ASIO multimedia check was done on the Creative Soundblaster card I’m using for MIDI. (It didn’t even occur to me that there might be a conflict between the two cards). After the ASIO sync test, WL came up and I was able to load all types of effects in the master section with no issues.
I then reinstalled the PCI-424 card to see if the issue returned. It didn’t - everything works fine now.

I’m thinking that the issue was user error (of course) because I have a vague recollection of cancelling the ASIO multimedia setup test at one point.

So - no conflicts, issue resolved!

Thanks for all your help!