WL 8.5.10 crashing on close (new)

I have totally eliminated the frequent crash problem in WL 8.5 (Mac OS X) by using a third party plugin host (Blue Cat Audio “Patchwork”) to host my plugins.

It appears that by inserting a layer between the WL interface and the plugin interface, all issues of compatibility (fabFilter plugins, for one) and instability have been resolved.

Prior to trying this, WL 8.5 crashed repeatedly when I attempted to add certain plugins or adjust others…WL always crashed on exit before, but no longer has that issue either.

My WL 8.5 is now stable and reliable and I thought I would share this for anyone who is running WL on OS X and experiencing crashes on a regular basis…

Yep. Confirmed. On Windoze 7 professional it is ridiculously stable.

While I find this interesting and don’t doubt it, I don’t consider it an ideal solution. Not because of the cost of Patchwork, but because it is essentially patchwork. I wish WL 8.5 just had better stability when using 3rd party plugins. Although a few developers have made changes on their end for better Wavelab performance, I feel that most of the issues are on the Wavelab side.

I can’t do Windows…it just doesn’t make any sense to my brain and I don’t have the patience for it.

Thanks for the info.

I agree. This has been an ongoing issue, along with the video hand when closing Cubase. Wavelab is probably the glitchiest software I own currently on the Mac. I don;t expect this from a PRO (read expensive) product.

After new update from Slate Digital on the VMR the crashing disappeared all works fine now:)