Very strange: PSP MasterQ is one of my main axes, but it’s increasingly becoming harder to use with each iteration of Wavelab. Specifically:
In Wl 8 it runs fine, no issues.
In WL 8.5/8.5.1 it instantiates without functional knobs, but if you click any field and numerically enter a value, all the knobs unfreeze and it works fine until reboot.
In WL 8.5.2 the application no longer sees or instantiates PSP MasterQ at all - it prompts me to replace the plug in when I open older sessions, and it’s not in the list of available plugs.
When I open the Plug-In options window, I don’t see it listed, but I do see the plug in my Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST, and again, it’s working fine in previous versions of WL and every other DAW installed on my mac. Only Wavelab 8.5.2 seems to have trouble with it.
I’ve reinstalled then re-authorized the plugin and rebooted. Still no love. I may be stuck on 8.5.1 for awhile assuming the predictable responses from the responsible parties (Steinberg will cry foul on spec and throw up hands, PSP will blame Steinberg for changing implementation of said spec between versions, problem will persist indefinitely).
I’m running a 2011 MBP, quad core i7, 2GB RAM, MH ULN8 interface, on OSX Mavericks.