wl 9.1 crashes after installation of 9.5

I noticed that WL 9.1 crashes (closes) a lot when just started and audio is played for the first time without any pluginns or whatever.
Once audio is played back, no problems and it runs smoothly as ever. I sometimes have to restart 2 or 3 times to get it working.
During some tests it looks like this does not happen with WL9.5, just 9.1.
This seems to have happened since I installed WL9.5. I can’t use 9.5 because of the bug in the audio file bypass per track option so I have to revert to 9.1 untill the fix is there. Using 9.5 is not an option.
Any idea what could have happened? I must say that wl9.1 and 9.5 revert to the same settings folder (not the default one), but since i don’t use WL9.5 that should not matter.

I must say that wl9.1 and 9.5 revert to the same settings folder

WaveLab 9.1 and 9.5 are independent in all matters. Hence that should not matter.
Now, if you use a common preference folder for both 9.1 and 9.5, this is a bad idea.
This case is not supported/tested. Ok you don’t use 9.5, but if you have run it once,
it might have affected the preferences in the folder used by 9.1.

Hi, I installed WaveLab Pro yesterday and have no problem running 9.1 after 9.5. Why I did it is because I needed to retrieve some setting especially my audio connection setting, but I will not use 9.1 anymore. However I was very surprise that after installing 9.5, this new update was unable to retrieve my WaveLab 9.1 setting! it seems incredible! So I wasted at least one hour to put the new 9.5 in order according to my taste! like the audio connection and all presets. Even the display setting I always put to “light” because I find the default setting “black” awful, I needed to set it! For the rest it is too early to give a real opinion on this new version, but at first glance it seems to me that a lot of improvements has been done.
Regards

Yes the Haltime versions 9.1 or 9.5 and using seperate dirs and installations really bothers me. Wavelab 9 = Wavelab 9 and not 9.5 ? It seems each time an halftime update comes you get two versions of the same product on your comp. And yes, the settings of 9.1 where not taken over by 9.5. So it took like 1 hour te get everything as is in 9.1! A lot of work and i even paid for 9.5. The halftime updates of Steinberg products really bothers me. Because i installed all the things in this Summer, and in Oktober the new Wavelab 9.5 was allready there. I really would like Wavelab 9 to be wavelab 9 with all incuding versions until WL10 comes out. But hey, Steinberg seems to this for years now. Again it bothers me that a product WL9 can be updated to 9.5 and then loose all settings… Even have to do all VST plugin scans again…

Normally, WaveLab 9.5, when run for the first time, asks to import past preferences.
This works for Windows, but did not happen for Mac. This will be fixed, but people that have already run WaveLab 9.5, won’t benefit for this.
This being said, as mentioned several times, this is easy to do it by hand, by copying:
/Users/[YourName]/Library/Caches/Steinberg/WaveLab Pro 9
to
/Users/[YourName]/Library/Caches/Steinberg/WaveLab Pro 9.5

I am reassured that you had the same problem with the lack of transfer with the setting from 9.1 to 9.5, because at first glance I thought I did not install properly the upgrade, so I did not do any mistake!

Hi, thanks for your quick answer, of course I am on a MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.
I took note of the “Caches” location for future upgrade if necessary.
Regards
AMG

No problems here on a PC. FWIW