WL 9.5.5 and Windows 10 a problem with a plugin

When I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Wavelab 9.5.5 was installed on my machine. Now every time I open Wavelab 9.5.5 there is a plugin that comes up and no matter what I do it to close it down it appears the next time I open WL. The plugin is from FAB and it is their FabFilter Pro-R. Any ideas of how to close it out and not have it appear the next time I open WL? Thanks in advance.

Do a reset of the Master Section, and I guess you will be fine.

Not sure what you mean by “reset” Thanks in advance.

2019-07-19_16-09-43.png

Thanks for the information!!! I tried for about an hour to get the master section reset to no avail. When I start up WL the FAB Reverb shows up every time. Other suggestions would be most appreciated.

BUMP

Is this plugin inserted in the Master Section?

Yes. I have tried everything I know how to change and I even went back into the forum to see if anyone else had had this problem. So far no luck. I reset the master section close the program and when I restart WL the plugin comes up every time. I cannot get rid of it. Should I reset the preferences?
I remember once before you told me to erase this folder C:Users\MYNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Wavelab9\ but that was back on Windows 7. Is that still the right thing to do??? Thanks in advance

Try to delete this sole file, first:
AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9.5\Cache\Window Config\MasterSectionPreset.dat

I deleted it and it took care of the problem :smiley: . Thanks for all YOUR help! Be safe and have a GREAT weekend, what is left of it.