WL 9.5.5 shuts down often and many glitches in renders

Hi,
The past few days, WL is quitting with no warning.
It happens while playback, while editing, it can happen anytime. I loose all my plugin tweaks each time, time consuming and frustrating.

Also, I get clicks or crackles in about 1 out of 3 renders. I use external hardware as well as plugins in the master section.

How should I troubleshoot?

Windows 10 home
Asus AMD based PC with 16 GB
Prism Lyra2, latest drivers.

This is a new problem, I’ve had errors previously in renders, but much rarer.

Frode

Hi …,

Since the last Windoze 10 update, I have had WL quit without warning a couple of times (as in just vanishes from the screen). I have linked this to the ‘security scan’ in Windows security and it only ever happens when WL is idle.

But apart from this I am afraid I haven’t experienced anything like your issues.

Are the render errors dependent upon specific plugins? If so, have you tried using the VST3 versions.

Somehow, this means that the performance of WaveLab is affected. Maybe some new runtime process going on.

You could try to raise the priority of WaveLab, as follows (don’t try “real-time”), in the Task manager.
2019-05-12_17-21-11.png

Thank you!

I am running WL 9.5.5 on Windows 7 Pro and have experienced the same problems. Maybe something changed in 9.5.5??? Everything was running smoothly in the previous version. FWIW

Actually, I suspect this also, as all was fine, and I was a bit slow to update to 9.5.5
Any way to roll back to 9.5.4?

Frode

Hi PG,
I actually had the priority set to “real-time”, changed it to high and it is now a little better. It doesn’t crash as often, but I have had a couple of crashes while working, and quite often Wavelab is gone after I take a 5 minute break and get some more coffee. This was not the case in the previous version.
How can I roll back my WL version?

Frode

How can I roll back my WL version?

Uninstall and reinstall. The settings will be preserved.
Now, if you don’t have the old version, I have to query Steinberg where you can find it.

Ooooh , don’t have the old installer…so…yes please, if possible…

Hopefully an answer on monday.

Thanks, and BTW…any chance for external effects loop in the montage effects on the next version…? :slight_smile:

A chance…

I have the installer for WaveLab_Pro_9.5.30_Update_win

I can send you a link to this if it will help, but this is for ‘update’ so I am not sure if it will support a complete re-install.

Paul

Hey, yes please! I just uninstalled and reinstalled 9.5.1 from the Steinberg installer app, so 9.5.3 update would be great!
You probably need my email?

Frodebassist@gmail.com

Thanks,

Frode

Steinberg tells me that you should contact Steinberg support, and they will give you a link.

OK, cool. V 9.5.1 also suddenly quits by the way, but way less often. Probably a combo of problems my end and the recent update.
Is there any logging, anything I could send you too read some explanation for this from?

Under Windows, you can generate one crash dump from WaveLab if you do so:
While pressing the Alternate key (press first and maintain), select “Global preferences” from the WaveLab menu with the mouse.
In that case, there is a new tab called “Diagnostics”. There you can activate several functions.
Activate the option “Enable crash report”. Quit and relaunch WaveLab.
If a crash happens, one crash dump is generated.

OK,thanks! ill try this right away!

Wavelab ‘vanished’ when at idle last night. This is the first time it has done so since changing priority to ‘high’ as suggested.

I am not a programmer. But, this ‘feels’ like it is a background run time type thing. Something going on after a Wndoze update.