WL 9.5 Elements: "Reset Driver When Changing Sample Rate" missing

Dear fellow Wavelab users,

I am having troubles when switching between files with different sample rates (e.g. 44.1 vs. 48 kHz) in Wavelab 9.5.50.
My audio interface (Focusrite 6i6 1st gen, newest available drivers etc.) does not switch the sample rate automatically for some reason and thus doesn’t play back audio files of different sample rates than the driver is set to.

I read that the option “Reset Driver When Changing Sample Rate” in the Audio Connections Tab should help with this, see:

https://steinberg.help/wavelab_elements/v9.5/en/wavelab/topics/setting_up_your_system/audio_connections_tab_r.html?hl=reset%2Cdriver

However, this option is simply not there at all! (As well as the “Initialize Streaming Engine at First Use” option). I guess this should be a radio button?

Is this an erronous entry in the manual? Or is something wrong with my Wavelab :open_mouth:

Can someone please confirm that this option is availabe in their copy of Wavelab?

Thanks in advance!

(PS: if you have another solution for the problem of the driver not switching sample rates, also good)

My audio interface (Focusrite 6i6 1st gen, newest available drivers etc.) does not switch the sample rate automatically for some reason

You audio device must have a control panel. Make sure that the sample rate setting is not set to external or similar.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, there is no such option in the interface’s control panel.

-However, I found that the problem is not on the Wavelab side; I am experiencing the same with another software of similar aim. Loading another file with a different sample rate, it takes a few times hitting play on that file (getting only crackles) until the interface eventually switches the sample rate and playback works fine again. This is a little annoying when switching back and forth between these files.

It seems I need to check with Focusrite about the driver, why it behaves that way.

I am still puzzled about the discrepancy of the manual and the software about that “reset driver” option though.

Thanks and BR!