WL 9.5 shortcuts

coming from WL8.5 and trying to assign keyboard shortcuts:
where can i assign:
open preferences?
open keyboard shortcuts dialogue?
basically the sub tabs of preferences?
meta Normalizer?
…to name a few…

it appears to me that steinberg is not consistent across its product range. while cubase allows assigning a shortcut to {almost} anything, WL has reduced the freedom to assign functions even more than WL 8.5 now!
what is going on? this obsession to make everything look and function differently after a couple of years! it is just outright unprofessional and geeky to put the onus on re-learning the functionality of a supposedly professional tool like that. as a pro i need consistent workflow and not constantly adaptation and learning curve.

Try theses:
Ctrl + ,
to go to the Preferences Page.
More generally, F3 to switch to the File page.

thanks, those two shortcuts do work.
but if i search for the : File Page in the search box of shortcuts nothing comes up.
so it is difficult to even find the function that i want to make a shortcut for or change.
it seems the shortcut implementation is available for some, but not all functions.
also it seems you now rely on access to functions mainly via the tabs, not shortcuts or menu.

but if i search for the : File Page in the search box of shortcuts nothing comes up.

Maybe a question of vocabulary. Try “File Tab”. But it depends on what you search for.

it seems the shortcut implementation is available for some, but not all functions.
also it seems you now rely on access to functions mainly via the tabs, not shortcuts or menu.

WaveLab 9/9.5 have more shortcuts than any past versions. But there are less menus and more tabs. But shortcuts for Ribbon function do exist.

yes, the incongruence is that the search title is different from the title of the function in the program or the help tip.
but i am getting the hang of it.
generally, the program is just fantastic ( i use it since its inception in the 80’s i think)

generally, the program is just fantastic (i use it since its inception in the 80’s i think)

First version: end of 1995 :wink:

wow! time flies!