WL10 crashes at opening

I’ve sent the report from the first time it crashed in case it is more useful.

A single 48/24bit stereo file is opened.

In the master section, there is Mixroom Eq, Waves DeEsser Stereo (bypassed), Waves Schepps Omni Channel Stereo, Waves L1+ Ultramaximiser, Waves Abbey Road Plates Stereo (by passed)

It seems it tries to load the master Section and then crashes.

Erase this file:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 10.0/Cache/Window Config/MasterSectionPreset.dat

1 Like

thanks you - done and it works! Much appreciated.

How do I generate a crash report using Wavelab Pro 11 (running on macOS Mojave)? I’ve been getting a lot of weird crashes lately after opening WL sessions and simply pressing play. Need to get this sorted out quickly. Thanks.

OSX proposes it to you when a crash happens.

Followed the path to where the reports are supposed to be and for some reason my diagnostic reports folder is empty. I also checked the ‘console’ log and noticed an error message that said wavelab was unable to generate a diagnostic report. Screenshot below.

Did you update some plugins recently? Or have used new ones?

Yes. Recently added Eventide SplitEQ and Ozone Advanced 9. However, the crashes have persisted even after I disabled the plugins. The last time it crashed I was making adjustments using Ozone 9 Advanced. However I did not get an OSX dialog message. As seen in the Console error messages, WL is failing to report error logs. I just read on a GS thread that Wavelab 11 has a hidden ‘diagnostics’ tab (under File/Global setting) that can be activated by holding down the ‘option’ button. Perhaps this needs to be configured? Not sure.

When a crash occurs, do you get the OSX dialog?
Try to find the minimum WaveLab procedure that leads to the problem.