WL10 uninstalled, but shortcut linger

Wanted to uninstall Wavelab 10.5 when upgrading to 11, but the Win10 start menu still suggests starting Wavelab 10 instead of 11 when typing “wavelab” which seems both odd and and very enjoying.

Even using specialized uninstallation software like Revo Uninstaller, wiping the registry keys and every trace of WL10 leaves that non existing WL10 app icon as first suggested Wavelab version when trying to access Wavelab from the start menu. No paths that normally hold shortcuts supposed to show on the start menu has any WL10 shortcut.

Anyone else experiencing this and have found a solution?

Wavelab is notoriously bad in this regard. Every time I have gone to cleanup an upgrade - I always need to do manual work to really get it gone.

I do find that if you INSTALL the program using Revo instead of just trying to use REVO to clean up the crap afterward - does result in a very accurate clean uninstall.

REVO will remember everything that is scattered into every nook and cranny and will take care of it all - but you have to be focused (and committed) to using it right from the start to install - instead of using the standard Steinberg installer.

Vendors do not care one way or the other on this kind of stuff and will simply tell you to delete anything that is left behind. It’s a PITA but it is what it is. Don’t expect Steinberg to make this any better.

Cheers

VP

On Windows, most vendors use the Microsoft installer, which also has the responsibility to uninstall.

Start menu suggest “Best match” as uninstalled Wavelab 10 app even after uninstalling with forced MSI uninstaller and manual check for leftover keys with regedit. Steinberg seems to have found a special place to leave the ghost shortcut. I’ve literally spend hours now trying to get rid of WL10, it seems impossible.

Except the Windows Installer does not handle all the other stuff that Steinberg adds during the install - it’s clear via the OP that even simple stuff like Start menu shortcuts are not handled by the Windows Installer.

Completely relying on that basic process to actually perform a proper (And clean) uninstall is short sighted IMHO.

VP