WL11 Render Issue

Well, let’s hope they have a public forum where you can complain that you don’t have time for them [sarcasm off]. Good thing you did take action from here though!

What version of the plugin are you using @ondre ?

I just did a very quick test with the very latest version of Weiss EQ and it seems better than when I initially reported it, so maybe they have been trying to fix it.

Have you been able to single out if Weiss or one particular plugin is causing it?

I think checking what version of Weiss and showing a few screen shots of your render procedure would help.

yes, I downloaded the latest version, but I am now getting another dropout after the 1st kick

If you remove the Weiss EQ does the issue go away? The key is to really pinpoint the problem plugin(s).

are you suggesting remove/delete or “bypass”, I’ve been doing the latter

Fully remove it from the chain and for good measure, I close and reopen the montage to make sure any latency reports are accurate and it also gets rid of any open slots which should have no affect but I just like to be extra safe for the help of troubleshooting purposes.

Bypass is not enough.

I have to ask the question? what’s the point of bypass if it doesn’t actually do what it says? I’ve just wasted (another) 2 hours bypassing effects…I’m out, I have an overdue deadline

Bypass still keeps it ‘ready’ to turn on, so the buffer is probably already pre loaded.

@Justin does Weiss DS1 work for you? I think my issues are mainly down to Weiss and that’s one I used.

“bypass” means the audio signal is bypassed/ignored. It does not mean the processing is bypassed. To have a glitch-free bypass, the processing must continue. And the processing takes into account the latency.
In your case, we’re looking for some bad latency. Hence bypass won’t help.

I still had distortion/artefacts in my bounce that were not there on playback. I bypassed (as I am used to doing in Sequoia/Pyramix) so wasted just over 2 hours “bypassing” effects from the chain. To beta test to the degree that Justin suggested is simply something I don’t have time to do at present as I’m now even more behind and cutting the beginning off of a track is easy to spot, the artefacts (sporadic distortion mainly) require the entire work to be re-listened to and this is a job that requires batch processing/rendering as there’s so many tracks. Something I cannot remotely risk.

I see the Bypass/On-Off behaviour as a feature, but one that is very important to know about. Too bad you found out this way. You don’t need to beta test, just know this fact: switching off takes the whole plugin out, also from rendering (and you’ll certainly hear it during playback), bypassing takes it out of the audio chain for listening during playback (and keeps the plugin latency in check, so no artifacts).

The two buttons are close together so it’s easy to select which behaviour you want.

No. In the montage, there is only bypass on/off.
In the Master Section, there is also bypass, but the plugin on/off option is in the right-click menu of the slot.

I think there may be some confusion, I bypassed the plugins by switching them off directly in the plugin. I did not use the bypass button in montage. To be honest I couldn’t get that to work at all. All that did work was on/off for all and when I did this, there were no artefacts.

Ah, I was indeed referring to the Master Section. And still, one in the left and the other in the right corner is close enough for me…

Oh wow. I was hoping that wasn’t going to be the case, and why I carefully used the word “remove”, as in totally delete and get it out of the signal chain. Closing and reopening the session while not required doesn’t hurt either to make sure everything is clean.

Using the bypass within the plugin means nothing to WaveLab, using the WaveLab bypass button means something but as PG mentioned, the latency reported is still maintained for smooth A/B when going in and out of bypass.

It sounds like the very latest version of Weiss EQ might be fixed now in WaveLab but there is still some plugin in your chain that is not behaving correctly in WaveLab.

If you sent me a list I could probably pick it out by guessing but either way, make a short test session and remove suspected plugins one by one until the problem goes away. This is the only way to find out.

In a perfect world every plugin would behave perfectly in WaveLab but since few plugin developers actually test in WaveLab and support it, it’s a good idea to vet new plugins before using them in real sessions.

I have so many plugins that work A-OK in WaveLab and absolutely never have a rendering glitch, even with complex album masters.

This is because any new plugins (or big updates) get tested in my render test session using a test tone that starts at 0:00 where it’s very easy to hear issues.

You are right, I though by mistake that you mentioned slots.

THIS GETS WORSE!!

So, I thought I’d still use the render batch processor, just to upscale 44.1 to 96k, no effects. track has a chunk of audio missing…

This is absurd. Amazing program, amazing functionality let down by the fact it cannot be trusted to touch the audio.

I am in utter disbelief

Using the Resampler plugin? No problem here.

You mean a plain wav into the Batch processor will introduce this artefacts?

regards S-EH