WL7 and cc121

hi

just attempting to get my cc121 working with WL7. Read through the ‘help’ (?) file but I’m not finding it that clear.

Is there anything I can configure ? The help describes it as the “factory preset” how do I change it, where is the control panel for it ? - doesn’t seem to be in “Remote Control Devices”

Why is the “cubase ready” LED constantly flashing ? - it’s kind of annoying to have that in your eyeline - do I have to resort to gaffa tape over the top of it ?

These answers, and more, could have been in included in some proper documentation.

Look at menu Options > Remote Control Device.
This opens a large dialog with what you need.

Hi PG,
thanks for that - I needed to select MIDI Control Device 1 in the drop down box.

Can’t find the setting for the flashing “Cubase Ready” LED - how do I switch this off ?

thanks

On purpose, the “Cubase Ready” LED is not set… because WaveLab is not Cubase.

In that case can we switch it off ?

This option does not exists.

Okay, so the CC121 just ‘works’ when I open 7.2, BUT where is the documentation describing all the new features in 7.2 and how to use them? (e.g. CC121) The .pdf file I downloaded from the update page appears to have the same date as the ‘Help’ file from 2010, and the CC121 isn’t mentioned in it. CC121 isn’t mentioned in the Help file inside 7.2 either.

BUT where is the documentation describing all the new features in 7.2 and how to use them? (e.g. CC121)

Open the online documentation and simply type CC121 in the index.

The .pdf file I downloaded from the update page appears to have the same date as the ‘Help’ file from 2010, and the CC121 isn’t mentioned in it.

Hmm, it seems the new PDF has not been uploaded.

CC121 isn’t mentioned in the Help file inside 7.2 either.

It is mentionned for sure, as explained before.

It’s definately in the help file for the 64bit version of 7.2 that I have

Re. “Open the online documentation and simply type CC121 in the index.”
Nope; As I said, it’s not showing in my Help file in 7.2 on a Mac.
Screen shot 2011-12-10 at 2.08.32 PM.png

Right, but open the WaveLab Help with key " cmd + shift+ ? "
and search on CC121 “Advanced Integration Controller”

regards S-EH

Your screen shot is about Apple help system, this is not how you get WaveLab help.
Open the “Index” from the Help menu. On Windows, this is like this:
2011-12-10_23-31-09.png
2011-12-10_23-32-45.png

Thank you for pointing me in the Wavelab Help direction, PG. :slight_smile: On a Mac, the “Apple way” is indeed a way to get Help, and in Cubase it’s the Help Menu > Documents, which is also intuitive since it takes one to the actual manuals. Help to “Index”, to me, was not intuitive I guess. A manual might have mentioned this approach, but of course there isn’t one. Anyway, thanks very much for your assistance, and yes, I can now read the information about the CC121. Very nice that the hardware just works without any ‘additional installation’ in WaveLab. Much appreciated.