Won't recognize plugins

If anyone can experiment for me I would appreciate it…I have downloaded a few freebies plugins like a pickup replacer, a chorus,and a note sustainer.The thing is they won’t recognize or be recognized by cubase (they don’t show up in the Cubasele8 effects available column in a project One did show up somehow by luck I guess it’s called blue cat chorus. …I keep getting prompted to find a" default program".I do what it says but it ends up saying there’s no such file after I choose a default…All it does is copy the effect name from a folder over and over…So if someone could experiment for me and download Redshift pickup replacer into a cubase program of your own successfully then walk me through the motions…you can always delete the plugin later if you don’t like it…

A few thoughts…

1st have you checked in all of the folders (like Delay, Distortion, etc) to see if your plug-ins were installed to one of those?

If thay are not in one of those… Do you know where all of the plug-in .dll files are installed to? If not, search for them and make note of the location. Then go to the Cubase>Devices>Plug-in Manager menu to see if the .dll(s) are installed to a folder that Cubase is scanning. Check this in the VST 2 Plug-In Path list. You can move the .dll file(s) to a folder that is being scanned or you can add the folder(s) where the .dlls are.

Regards :sunglasses:

I got it!! Thanks…

Update:
The freebie plugins won’t stay in the plugin manager folder once the Cubasele8 has been closed…